Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yohan Blake: The birth of a Beast

Yohan Blake is the future of world sprinting.

================================================== ================================

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2011 ... orts1.html

Yohan Blake surprised many when he ended his 2011 season with an astonishing 19.26 seconds run over the 200 metres in Brussels on September 16.

The 100-metre World champion put on a startling display of sprinting down the stretch to uncork the second-fastest time in history. Only Usain Bolt's 19.19 is faster. But Blake's coach, Glen Mills, wasn't as shocked. In fact, he saw it coming from as early as last December.

Re: Yohan Blake: The birth of a Beast

I guess I'll put it down here for posterity. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolt get PBs in both sprints and still going away with two silvers in London.

Comment

The sprint Gods must love Jamaica. Right when it looked like Usain "The Freak" Bolt might be fading a bit they sent him Yohan Blake. No more jivin' around, the kid will make Bolt stay sharpe. So we have the kid trying to hang with Bolt, which will make him better. Then theres Bolt trying to keep the kid behind him, which will make him better. Perfect situation for both.

Blake has speed endurance, I'd bet he could...45low..anytime during a season without having to train for the event. Just a cat who has... "it", not unlike Mike Marsh, who cooked a 45.05 just because he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Avante
        The sprint Gods must love Jamaica. Right when it looked like Usain "The Freak" Bolt might be fading a bit they sent him Yohan Blake. No more jivin' around, the kid will make Bolt stay sharpe. So we have the kid trying to hang with Bolt, which will make him better. Then theres Bolt trying to keep the kid behind him, which will make him better. Perfect situation for both.

Blake has speed endurance, I'd bet he could...45low..anytime during a season without having to train for the event. Just a cat who has... "it", not unlike Mike Marsh, who cooked a 45.05 just because he could.
        I bet that Blake could easily do a mid 44. While in HS, in addition to running the 100/200m, he ran anchor on his HS 4 x 400m and he ran some devastating anchor legs while winning the HS championships.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

I bet that Blake could easily do a mid 44. While in HS, in addition to running the 100/200m, he ran anchor on his HS 4 x 400m and he ran some devastating anchor legs while winning the HS championships.
          Yes, I remember his Penn anchor vs Nellum. I do think a 44.5ish would take a little work. While a 45.5ish he's walking around with. Regardless....like Bolt his thang is his ability to sustain/maintain a higher % of his max velocity. Which is the key to everything over a 60.

Comment

Coach Glen Mills did a great job in 2011 in keeping both athletes away from each other all year.

I can almost bet that in 2012, the earliest they will meet is at the Jamaica trials in both the 100/200m.

Comment

Blake's beastly performances

19.26 in the 200m in Brussels
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RTlTmLSOQ

Blake winning WC 100m
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5unzT_Eug

9.82 in Zurich
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yjeLMYRBw

9.80 in Kingston
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfM1xWHH-DI

Only 4 years ago(2007), he won the Jamaica HS boys 100m championship. Starts at 4:13. The writing was on the wall then.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO5otPi ... re=related

Comment

I bet he will run 42.xx just like bolt did!

Comment

I honestly believe he can.

Comment

I honestly believe he can.
                    I think so too. I just don't think he will

Comment

Originally posted by The Norwegian

I bet he will run 42.xx just like bolt did!
                      I seriously doubt any 100/200 guy is running a sub43.00. When did Bolt turn the trick?

Comment

in training, of course!

Comment

in training, of course!
                          You are getting wrapped up/carried away. We can talk....43.8ish/low 44.00...and be realistic. A sub43.00....fantasy. Blake/nobody has ever done anything to light that fire. If MJ couldn't do it.....................

Comment

in training, of course!
                            You are getting wrapped up/carried away. We can talk....43.8ish/low 44.00...and be realistic. A sub43.00....fantasy. Blake/nobody has ever done anything to light that fire. If MJ couldn't do it.....................
                            I'm joking! I'm only refering to the "Bolt will run 42xx, 41xx etc" hysteria after beijing/berlin. Like Michael Johnson, I believe that Bolt has the talent to break the 400m wr if he gives it his all. I don't think he will, though.

Comment

[quote=The Norwegian]
                              Originally posted by "The Norwegian":l4itxvk1
                              in training, of course!
                              I'm joking! I'm only refering to the "Bolt will run 42xx, 41xx etc" hysteria after beijing/berlin. Like Michael Johnson, I believe that Bolt has the talent to break the 400m wr if he gives it his all. I don't think he will, though.[/quote:l4itxvk1]

Usain Bolt would have to be a totally different person in order for him to break the 400m WR. He is not the warrior/workout freak that MJ was. Without that sort of commitment/Spartan existence it isn't happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X