• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yohan Blake: The birth of a Beast

Agreed

Comment

I think for London, the only athlete Bolt has to fear is Blake. With so many injuries, Tyson's best days are over and Asafa is Asafa as that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Avante
        Originally posted by notorious
        Originally posted by Avante
        The sprint Gods must love Jamaica. Right when it looked like Usain "The Freak" Bolt might be fading a bit they sent him Yohan Blake. No more jivin' around, the kid will make Bolt stay sharpe. So we have the kid trying to hang with Bolt, which will make him better. Then theres Bolt trying to keep the kid behind him, which will make him better. Perfect situation for both.

Blake has speed endurance, I'd bet he could...45low..anytime during a season without having to train for the event. Just a cat who has... "it", not unlike Mike Marsh, who cooked a 45.05 just because he could.
        I bet that Blake could easily do a mid 44. While in HS, in addition to running the 100/200m, he ran anchor on his HS 4 x 400m and he ran some devastating anchor legs while winning the HS championships.
        Yes, I remember his Penn anchor vs Nellum. I do think a 44.5ish would take a little work. While a 45.5ish he's walking around with. Regardless....like Bolt his thang is his ability to sustain/maintain a higher % of his max velocity. Which is the key to everything over a 60.
        Yeah,great mile relays by both,although Bryshon Nellum picked his pocket with one of the easiest looking high school 45's I've ever seen.Smooth operator that Nellum. 8-)
        "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

Comment

I think for London, the only athlete Bolt has to fear is Blake. With so many injuries, Tyson's best days are over and Asafa is Asafa as that goes.
          I think you might be right....
          My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Let's not sleep on the USA guys. Someone other than Dix might step up & run with these Jamaicans.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHottrack
              Let's not sleep on the USA guys. Someone other than Dix might step up & run with these Jamaicans.
              I will definitely take some of what your smoking now

Comment

Tyson Gay is injured for a few months and is allready forgotten...

Comment

Originally posted by Elival
                  Tyson Gay is injured for a few months and is allready forgotten...

Yea, it is so sad. Tyson will not be a factor in London you bet.

Comment

Tyson Gay is injured for a few months and is already forgotten...
                    Yea, it is so sad. Tyson will not be a factor in London you bet.
                    Tyson Gay is injured for a few months and is already forgotten...
                    The infinite mirror thread redux!

Comment

Working...
                    X