Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Question> What's up with our USA Olympics Promomtion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Question> What's up with our USA Olympics Promomtion?

In the last month I have seen more Jamaican Puma’s Commercials for the Olympics, then any USA Olympics commercials. Jamaican has about 4 commercials which air’s here in the USA, then our own USA team have. We have the Home Depot Invitational May 22nd, Paulo Alto May 31st, and Adidas Oregon Track Classic June 5th. There are no promotions for this meets, or any big promotions about our Olympic team. If someone is not into track and field, they would not even know about your USA powerful team, but they will know more about the Jamaican team. What is wrong with USA getting more people to know about our Great Legacy Olympic team in the past and this coming 2004?

Re: Good Question> What's up with our USA Olympics Promomtio

One of the top-selling street shoe here in Sweden is the Jamaican Puma -- despite the fact that our top athletes are sporting other gear. Most of the Pumas are neon green and gold, with others red. If you have a store called Stadium, check there, and you will see that Puma is all over the store (shirts with JAMAICA sealed on the front; sweats; shoes). I don:t think the commercials have all that much to do with USA Olympics promotions.

Comment

What about the Prodadtion?! Seriously though, folks, the USATF could and should do a better job promoting THE BEST FREAKIN' TRACK TEAM in the world. We might actually get track's abysmal ratings up if we HYPED it, doncha think? Sigh . . .

Comment

I'm really beginning to question whether or not the United States will boycott the Olympics on fear of terrorism. The US is not the most popular nation at the moment -- what with their exemplary behavior in the Middle East -- and today's Athens bombings (regardless of who did it) show that security is *not* at a premium.

At this time in 2000, the TV was ripe with Olympic-themed ads featuring US athletes. I haven't seen many this year.

Is the US being very quiet for a reason?

Comment

NBC has been featuring spots promoting the Olympic for months. They're horrible fluff-crap (no real surprise), but they exist.

More could be done, but the USOC can't even get out of its own way and refuses to allow the Federations the right to promote themselves properly either.

Comment

Does athletics in the states have a national broadcast voice that transcends sports boundaries and peforms well in other sporting disclipines? A trustworthy, talented and respected person with whom you will spend a few minutes listening to when you hear his/her voice on either the radio or as background sound on the tele?

Comment

The promoters are awaiting word on what Jones and Co. are planning to tackle at the USA Championships, as she and friends are the money-makers (which doesn:t necessitate being everyone:s favorites) to which the corporate sponsors attach their big dollars. They also need to know the athletes they hype up will pan out -- and not fade out. No scandals in the lineups. There have been some sprinting ups and downs, and we have only gotten through April.

Comment

Dave Costas is currently the most respected sports journalist - he does the NBC Olympics. It used to be Jim McKay (and Howard Cosell was the most vilified).

Comment

>Dave Costas is currently the most respected sports journalist - he does the NBC
                  >Olympics. It used to be Jim McKay (and Howard Cosell was the most vilified).

I don't know Dave Costas, but Bob Costas does a pretty good job.

Comment

tafnut of course I think you mean BOB Costas.

Comment

Working...
                    X