• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic Trials 1500

I have run against and beaten many of those to whom posters compare
    >these kids.

I doubt it.

But if you feel it helps add legitimacy to your posts, go ahead and say so. After all, it is the internet.

I also doubt emulating Scott, Liquori, some of Ryun's work, Spivey, etc. would hurt anyone. And you aren't one of these guys.

Comment

>I doubt it.

>I also doubt
      >emulating Scott, Liquori, some of Ryun's work, Spivey, etc. would hurt anyone.
      >And you aren't one of these guys.

Greenhorn, I assure you Oletimer is neither Scott, Ryun, Liquori or Spivey. He ran before those guys (well maybe not before Ryun and Liquori).

Comment

Would you reveal your true identity? Malmo and I guess some
        >others
        >know you are, some of us don't :-)
        I really do not want to as it
        >would likely change the issue and I don't want to change it.

Your points are strong enough to stand on their own, but when you post that you have beaten most of those runners in the past and then refuse to state your identity you run the risk of of sounding like a bullshitter. It lacks legitimacy to reference your career in an argument but not let others know who you are so they can evaluate those statement for themselves.

That, and I am now curious as to who you are.

Comment

I don't need any tinhorn poster to let me know who Oletimer isn't, thank you very much. The post stands on its own. Unlike Oletimer's claims.

Comment

>Your points are strong enough to
            >stand on their own, but when you post that you have beaten most of those
            >runners in the past and then refuse to state your identity you run the risk of
            >of sounding like a bullshitter. It lacks legitimacy to reference your career
            >in an argument but not let others know who you are so they can evaluate those
            >statement for themselves.

>That, and I am now curious as to who you are.

Steve, I do not question Oletimer's legitimacy - not even for a second - nor should you. In the internet version of the campfire game "Telephone", on the first call you've already changed Oletimer's quote from "I have run against and beaten many of those to whom posters compare these kids" to "(I)have beaten most of those runners in the past." By the time a few more of the local gruelbrains here get ahold of the quote it will soon become a GabeJennings-like "I own El Guerrouj."

Curiosity is a good thing. Generally. Don't let it keep you up at night.

Comment

>I don't need any tinhorn poster to let me know who Oletimer isn't, thank you
              >very much. The post stands on its own. Unlike Oletimer's claims.

You're very welcome, kind Sir. Just because you're out of the loop, it doesn't mean Oletimer is too.

Comment

Working...
              X