Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Harris

Can someone please enlighten me to why isn't Ricky Harris on Florida's 4X400 meter relay team? I know there is no way in the world that 4 of those guys are better one lap around then Mr.Harris.

Re: Ricky Harris

>Can someone please enlighten me to why isn't Ricky Harris on Florida's 4X400
    >meter relay team? I know there is no way in the world that 4 of those guys are
    >better one lap around then Mr.Harris.

I can't answer that, but I know he is only 3rd on the Florida depth chart in the 400m hurdles (50.86).

Comment

But he is #9 in all of the NCAA with a 45.6 open time. His P.R.'s are much better than any other member on the team open 400 or 400 hurdles. I say add him and Florida just may break you know what!!!!

Comment

>But he is #9 in all of the NCAA with a 45.6 open time. His P.R.'s are much
        >better than any other member on the team open 400 or 400 hurdles. I say add him
        >and Florida just may break you know what!!!!

45.69 to be exact. But that race came on March 26th. He may be working through some problems. Tough to tell. No question, when the kid is on he is really on. I guess we'll all wait and see.

Comment

Rickey:s addition to the 4x400m later this season may be Florida:s cat in the bag at the NCAAs when they attempt to win the 4x400m and possibly run 2.59 or faster in the process.

Comment

I don't know if they can win. Baylor's already run 3:01, and Wariner and Williamson can both split sub 44 if they need to. And if Williamson is within 15 meters of anyone when he gets the baton, it's a Baylor victory.

Comment

Maybe he's not dependable enough to be on the relay. You have to put the 4 guys out there that you think can win, not just the 4 who will theoretically put up the best splits.

Comment

MY educated guess; since an OLYMPIC YEAR don't want to wear him out in relays but will run relay in ncaa then only 400h. satch

Comment

Mclean4*8.........you obvious don't know the gentleman that I'm talking about. He is an NCAA CHAMPION, and has numerous All-American awards since freshman season at Florida. That guy has run 44 or 45 very low in open 400 and 48 in 400 hurdles.

Comment

Harris has been a bit inconsistent this year. Ran a solid 45.69 at Florida Relays, but then just 47.35 at Sun Angel. Then a 53.47 400H at Penn.

Comment

>Harris has been a bit inconsistent this year. Ran a solid 45.69 at Florida
                      >Relays, but then just 47.35 at Sun Angel. Then a 53.47 400H at Penn.

Maybe he strained his Clement

Comment

"Harris has been a bit inconsistent this year. Ran a solid 45.69 at Florida Relays, but then just 47.35 at Sun Angel. Then a 53.47 400H at Penn."

That's because he fell on the last hurdle during the 400's at the Texas Relays and suffered a minor injury to his leg. He didn't run on the 4x400 relay at Penn's because they did not want to risk further injury after he was still not 100% during the 400 hurdles that same morning at Penn.

Comment

>Mclean4*8.........you obvious don't know the gentleman that I'm talking about.

I know exactly who you're talking about but just b/c he has been consistant in the past doesn't mean he's doing it now. Really the only people that would know how he and the other Florida guys are doing are those people at the Gators practices and meets every day.

Comment

Working...
                          X