X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: T T&FN Forum Favourite Athletes: THE RESULTS No1

Originally posted by pakillo
    At the end of the year maybe we could vote for our favourite athletes of 2012.
    Or possibly of this most recent Olympiad from 2009-2012 . . .

Comment

Where is the fanfare for our number one fav athlete?

A worthy choice. Geb is truly a great representive of our great sport! Well done all.

(mojo)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        far more elemental to making a DB work than any tab delimiting is to first be sure you have all the names spelled right (or equally wrong). (no offense mump)
        Yes, equivalency is critical which is why avoiding data reentry when consolidating is important.

The participants are best placed to spell correctly, especially for lesser known athletes, so flowing their typed entries straight into the consolidation as described in my earlier post give the best chance for success.

Of course, there still needs be double checking for stuff like Kirzenstein vs Szewinska but you can minimise this with naming conventions.

mump, here's a link to an Excel tutorial with screen images, which shows you how easy it is

Text to Columns tutorial

Comment

• Re: T&FN Favourite Athletes THE RESULTS No1 Haile Gebrselass

Thank you, El Toro. Mump is not the only one that could hone his Excel skills. I will certainly go over it.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
            Thank you, El Toro. Mump is not the only one that could hone his Excel skills. I will certainly go over it.
            My Excell skills need more than 'honing' they are non existant ops:
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

I forgot to vote for Faluja Singh

http://www.asianage.com/other-sports/lo ... runner-594
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

What's the countdown clock at to T&FN Favourite Athletes II ?

Comment

I've already started making my list....and will PM you with it when done.....but not to worry.....I'm American, but 3 of the first names I thought of are "foreigners"!!!

And while I'm a HUGE fan of female T&F, my first few names have been all male!!
                  But that will change!!

Also, unlike some of you "elites" ( :P ), I've met some big names in the sport....but don't have any as friends, close or not, so that won't prejudice my thinking!!

(For "gh", that will probably be a HUGE problem!!!)

Anyway, you'll receive my PM shortly!!

Comment

What the hell is this??

I looked at this thread's title...and just assumed (never assume!!!!!) it was a BRAND NEW thread!!!
                    Then...AFTER I PM'ed you my list....I saw this started in 2011...and that there were 39 pages of comments!!!

So what's the deal??
                    Is this just a continuation of the 2011 poll?
                    A new one for 2012?/

And what's the deal with taking names OFF the list...just because they've gotten only one vote??
                    Do new entries have to first check to see if it's okay to vote for somebody before putting their name on their list??

To hell with that!!
                    I gave you my list a few minutes ago...and it includes MARY CAIN....who is probably on NO ONE ELSE'S list!!!!!

If ALL of my names aren't included on the final list......of ALL the names....then please remove my entry from your game!!!

And make the rules easier to follow!!
                    And please make sure EVERYONE KNOWS this is NOT a brand new thread....but something started about a year ago!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
                      What the hell is this??

I looked at this thread's title...and just assumed (never assume!!!!!) it was a BRAND NEW thread!!!
                      Then...AFTER I PM'ed you my list....I saw this started in 2011...and that there were 39 pages of comments!!!

So what's the deal??
                      Is this just a continuation of the 2011 poll?
                      A new one for 2012?/

And what's the deal with taking names OFF the list...just because they've gotten only one vote??
                      Do new entries have to first check to see if it's okay to vote for somebody before putting their name on their list??

To hell with that!!
                      I gave you my list a few minutes ago...and it includes MARY CAIN....who is probably on NO ONE ELSE'S list!!!!!

If ALL of my names aren't included on the final list......of ALL the names....then please remove my entry from your game!!!

And make the rules easier to follow!!
                      And please make sure EVERYONE KNOWS this is NOT a brand new thread....but something started about a year ago!!!!
                      I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're on about :?
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

What the hell is this??
                        Last winters entertainment

As I recall every vote was sacred, all the one voters were counted, even those with no votes were mentioned. The final list is here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45258&start=1480#p749688

Comment

THe only people who were removed where those that took umbrage at explaining their favourites and asked to be !!

I may do something similar this winter but it will have to be a different question, i think the last one was exhausted :shock:
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

I want to do LEAST favourite athlete :lol:

Would be a riot :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                              Would anyone vote for themselves? Or should I just blame it on bad genes. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy

Would be a riot :mrgreen:
                                Thinking about it for 2 minutes, I am already up to 6. Not sure if I could come up with 20 :wink: .
                                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                                X