• Favor-Hamilton racing again

http://www.chatsports.com/los-angeles-l ... -10-68-413

Re: Favor-Hamilton racing again

Did she quit down the homestretch?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404
      What a jerk thing to say. She was one of the most decorated high school and collegiate athletes in US history, and a three-time Olympian. Not to mention being totally accessible to the fans. But you want to remember her for the worst moment of her career.

Comment

Originally posted by decafan
        What a jerk thing to say. She was one of the most decorated high school and collegiate athletes in US history, and a three-time Olympian. Not to mention being totally accessible to the fans. But you want to remember her for the worst moment of her career.
        A fine collegiate athlete, no doubt. But when the chips were down on the International stage, she was always listed among the medal contenders, but never lived up to expectations. Given that emotional difficulties were involved in the Sydney race, I apologize for the off-the-cuff comment.

Comment

Originally posted by decafan
          A fine collegiate athlete, no doubt. But when the chips were down on the International stage, she was always listed among the medal contenders, but never lived up to expectations. Given that emotional difficulties were involved in the Sydney race, I apologize for the off-the-cuff comment.
          Add in all the self-doubt fueled by competing against one of the worst druggies in the sport's history (Mr Reggie Jacobs) & its understandable that she might have some confidence issues.

Comment

Suzy Favor-Hamilton was much more than merely a "fine collegiate athlete." She is one of the winningest collegians ever, and ranked top-10 amongst the world's best 1,500m runners four times (5th in '97, 7th in '00, 6th in '01, 4th in '02).

Comment

Believe SFH became the first American ever to top the world list in the 1500 when she had the fastest time of '00.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Believe SFH became the first American ever to top the world list in the 1500 when she had the fastest time of '00.
                I believe that Slaney's 3:57.12 was the fastest time of 1983.

Comment

i can see I need to switch your belief system!

Comment

Favor-Hamilton was denied $$$ and acclaim because of Jacobs, so she probably and rightly harbors some resentment about the unfair aspect of her professional career.

I always wondered how much more decorated Ashford would've been if she didn't compete in "that era."

Comment

I've never understood the negativity about F-H. She was a really superb athlete and was (and is) a charming person.

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                        I've never understood the negativity about F-H.
                        Not that it is fair, but probably about 99% of the people who have seen SFH on the track saw her one time - 2000 in Sydney. It did not make a favorable impression, so if that is all you saw . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                          Originally posted by kuha
                          I've never understood the negativity about F-H.
                          Not that it is fair, but probably about 99% of the people who have seen SFH on the track saw her one time - 2000 in Sydney. It did not make a favorable impression, so if that is all you saw . . .
                          You would expect the posters here to know more than that.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Wow. She was a great athlete who happened to suffer from some anxiety problems. She readily admitted to that.

I love how armchair athletes are perfect -never would they have any kind of mental or physical issues and they would always run the perfect race and win gold.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                              Wow. She was a great athlete who happened to suffer from some anxiety problems. She readily admitted to that.

I love how armchair athletes are perfect -never would they have any kind of mental or physical issues and they would always run the perfect race and win gold.
                              Was Bolt's FS in the 100 a sign of his psychological weakness?

As for SFH, remember that she had a bother that committed suicide and I would prefer her anxiety disorder to the variant that her brother had.

Comment

Working...
                              X