Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ¶NCAA w200—Kimberlyn Duncan (LSU) 22.24 (WL)

Originally posted by odelltrclan
    I just wonder if the fact that Reid is a Canadian had anything to do with this? ?
    Didn't seem to hurt Makusha.

Comment

Re: Bowerman Winners

Originally posted by JumboElliott
      I guess my point is that the legitimacy of such a new award is seriously called into question when someone who wins two outdoor NCAA championships isn't even a finalist for the award when someone who didn't even win her competition was.
      Completely valid point, is it possible they just forgot about the middle distance events? A rare double seems like a no brainer for a finalist. How many are voting?

Comment

Re: Bowerman Winners

Couple of points

While only performances during the indoor and outdoor seasons were to be considered in the long run(no pun intended), winning the NCAA XC title certainly helped Sheila Reid get on the Bowerman Watch List at the beginning of the year. She was dropped after the indoor NCs, then reinstated after her double win outdoors.

In addition to setting Collegiate Records indoors and outdoors, Tina Sutej was never out-jumped in collegiate competition, her only loss coming on misses at the outdoor NCs(discounting the NCAA Regional, where winning wasn't a priority)

Comment

Working...
        X