Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&F News Magazine

Besides subscribing, is there any bookstore that actually carries Track and Field News Magazine? I was in Barnes and Noble this past weekend, they no longer carry it. They do carry every other magazine you can possibly think of, but no T&F News. I am guessing there may be a running store that may sell it but I have not visited one recently. Is there a link I can find which stores sell the magazine.

Re: T&F News Magazine

There's this option, too:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index. ... scription/

Comment

Kuha,

Thanks for that link but as my original post stated... "besides subscribing"

I have been a subscriber in the past (all throughout the 90's), but would like to be able to pick up an issue occasionally (Recruiting Roundup, OG/WC previews, etc).

Comment

You can buy single issues here too.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/catalo ... Path=70_76

Comment

I regularly find my copy at Books-A-Million, or Borders before it went kaput.

Comment

I have never seen a copy other than my own. Never in a bookstore, newspaper shop, library, magazine racks in supermarkets...Never.
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Man up and subscribe. Smiley face.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                I have never seen a copy other than my own. Never in a bookstore, newspaper shop, library, magazine racks in supermarkets...Never.
                25 years ago, you used to see it in the bigger bookstores/newsstands--at least in major cities (often with universities nearby). Not now. It just seems sort of foolish to WANT copies regularly, but NOT subscribe. I WANT to go skiing everyday, but have decided NOT to live where it ever snows. Just seems sort of dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by johnclevohio
                  Besides subscribing, is there any bookstore that actually carries Track and Field News Magazine? I was in Barnes and Noble this past weekend, they no longer carry it. They do carry every other magazine you can possibly think of, but no T&F News. I am guessing there may be a running store that may sell it but I have not visited one recently. Is there a link I can find which stores sell the magazine.
                  Running stores are probably your best bet, outside of a subscription.

Comment

We used to have a decent Tower presence before they went under.

No list is available because we don't deal directly with bookstores, but rather with distributors who decide where they're sending us on any given month. As a teeny-tiny niche publication we have no leverage in this procedure.

Comment

There used to be dozens of regional magazine wholesaler/distributors but the major national retailers (e.g. Wal Mart) did not want to deal with all of them, and in the 1990's there was a massive consolidation of them to a handful. The losers in all this were the niche publications.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                        Originally posted by johnclevohio
                        Running stores are probably your best bet, outside of a subscription.
                        Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

Comment

pickle 47 said:

"Man up and subscribe. Smiley face."

I like seeing TFN on magazine shelves so that it has a presence in mainstream sports magazines so that more people might potentially come to buy the magazine and bigger fans of the sport. I also used to buy extra copies to have kids on my team read so as to preserve my copy for myself.

I had a local bookstore when I was 14 that I asked the owner if he could tell me if there was a magazine that specifically covered track and field as compared to Runners World. He got me the info for TFN and my first issue was the 1976 Olympics coverage one and was hooked for life.

Comment

How sad, but I am pleased to note that the British weekly publication "Athletics Weekly" is sold at my local W.H.Smith, a ubiquitous sort of bookstore and other things besides, together with " Runners World".

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                              We must live in the same place. Oh wait, we do.

The local magazine store has a lot of hunting and fishing stuff. Runners World or some similar jogging magazines do have a presence though.

Comment

Working...
                              X