Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T&F News Magazine

I do remember (almost 40 years ago!) being in the SanFran airport and perusing a large magazine rack, only to see the 1972 Oly Preview issue staring back at me. I had already gotten mine in the mail, but I was so amazed that I bought this one too. It was a grand issue!

I think I've only seen T&FN for sale one other time, and that was at a random Barnes & Noble some 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by johnclevohio
      Kuha,

Thanks for that link but as my original post stated... "besides subscribing"

I have been a subscriber in the past (all throughout the 90's), but would like to be able to pick up an issue occasionally (Recruiting Roundup, OG/WC previews, etc).
      If you lived in Eugene, you could buy a copy at the university campus bookstore.

[Yeah, kind of blew me away, too, when I first saw it there.]

Comment

You used to be able to get T&fn in London in a sports bookstore on Charing Cross rd not sure if you still can i know just by the 2 a year that i want from website

(which reminds me when does the end of year one come out ??)
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
          You used to be able to get T&fn in London in a sports bookstore on Charing Cross rd not sure if you still can i know just by the 2 a year that i want from website

That wonderful bookstore is long gone, sadly. I spent mucho dinero in that place.

Comment

i think you're confusing Juarez (mucho dinero) with the Charing one (rather a lot of pounds)

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              The local magazine store has a lot of hunting and fishing stuff.
              Was at a store in the SF Bay Area a while back that used to carry T&FN. Not anymore, but they did have at least four magazines on bow hunting . . .

Comment

Originally posted by gm

That wonderful bookstore is long gone, sadly. I spent mucho dinero in that place.
                Sporting Pages--A wonderful shop that I visited every single time in London...

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                  Originally posted by gm

Sporting Pages--A wonderful shop that I visited every single time in London...
                  A great little store. I also went almost there every time I came down to London. Once by chance, meeting Peter Matthews in the shop and getting an invite to a NUTS executive meeting for that night was definitely one of my favorite memories.

Comment

??????! I was there 1978-9 in the Peace Corps.

Comment

Originally posted by oldvaulter
                      Originally posted by Conor Dary
                      ??????! I was there 1978-9 in the Peace Corps.
                      Namaste to you also! I've heard it's unfortunately a lot more polluted now.
                      I can't imagine what it is like now. It was great in those days. The country had only been open to foreigners for a couple of decades. The mountaineering in those days was fairly minimal with only 2 expeditions on Everest a year. There were tourists but nothing like the present.

Comment

The "Bible" is available at my local Books-a-Million store, Brunswick, GA.

Comment

Working...
                        X