Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Robison's status?

Does anyone know what Grant Robison's progress is this year...re: preparation toward the OT's? Is he keeping a low profile because he want's to focus on the OT and OG, or has he been injured or something?

Re: Grant Robison's status?

If he is injured then US 1500 meter running is in bad shape. Imagine US 1500 meter running without Robison this year. That means only Krummenacker has the A standard, and we don't even know if Krummenacker is running the 1500 at the trials.

The last two years has been a nightmare for US 1500 meter runners.

Comment

15mph: Lunn has run back-to-back sub-3.40s, and a 3.59 mile on top off that in the last three weeks.

Robison has competed this season, recently winning a 5,000m at Penn (14.06,63) and running 3.41,43 at Stanford Qualifier behind Lunn, Riley, Stember, Sage and Spiker.

Comment

Good to hear. I believe a healthy Robison can make it to the Olympic 1500 finals.
        Remember, Pyrah made the 2000 Olympic 1500 finals with only 3:36+ speed in 2000.

Comment

Webb Update

Comment

>15mph: Lunn has run back-to-back sub-3.40s, and a 3.59 mile on top off that in
            >the last three weeks.

Robison has competed this season, recently winning a
            >5,000m at Penn (14.06,63) and running 3.41,43 at Stanford Qualifier behind
            >Lunn, Riley, Stember, Sage and Spiker.>>

He also ran a couple of relay legs at Penn. One was a 3:42.

Comment

Unless the other US 1500 meter runners reach the A standard Robison will have to carry US 1500 meter running himself. In this day and age 3:40 just does not cut it.

Comment

Thanks for the info...actually I remember now that he had run the 14:06.6 and 3:41.3...I guess I am really wondering if he is right on schedule i.e. not running too fast too early, or if he is having problems that are holding him back. 3:41.3 is quite a ways from his 3:35.48 PR.

Comment

Those 3.35 PRs are European summer peak PRs for Robison, Jennings and Stember. These guys - and all of the competitors - know what it will take to get on the team, and how best to tackle the A standard by mid-July.

Comment

There were some unconfirmed rumors Robison had some injury troubles earlier in the year. Stanford's coaching staff likes to keep such stuff close to the vest, so I emphasize unconfirmed. Vin Lananna once told me Robison has remarkable ability to "get himself to where he needs to be quickly," meaning he can raise his game in training when it's called for. Of course, Vin's no longer his coach, but Robison ran great in cross under Andy Gerard and has plenty of time to get from where his current races indicate he is to where he needs to be. I'd put money on him being in the thick of the Trials final... as always, barring illness or injury.

Track & Field News Weekly Roundup

Top homepage posts for the week ending 05/29/2019:

Excerpts:

NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas

THE EBB & FLOW of the battle for the NCAA women’s team title this year has been fascinating. Chart 1:... Read More

The post NCAA Women’s Formchart #5 — USC By 1 Over Arkansas appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over

IN OUR FIRST chart of the year, Florida was an 8-point favorite over SEC rival LSU for the team title.... Read More

The post 2019 NCAA Men’s Formchart #5 — Texas Tech Takes Over appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT

GÖTZIS, AUSTRIA, May 25-26—Damian Warner made history by becoming only the third athlete to win 5 times at Götzis, while... Read More

The post Götzis Multis: World Leaders For Warner & KJT appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team

GULF SHORES, Alabama, May 23-25—The University of British Columbia (UBC) only won 3 events—the 5000, walk and hammer—on the men’s... Read More

The post NAIA Champs — 2 Team Titles To Canadian Team appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF

“I’M STILL IN THE WHIRLWIND,” says Kenny Bednarek. Ever since the Indian Hills frosh led off his mind-boggling 19.82/44.73 double... Read More

The post Kenny Bednarek Planning On 200/400 Double At USATF appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil

MAY 13 brought the sad news of the passing of one of the sport’s truly larger-than-life figures, T&FN’s longtime European... Read More

The post RIP — Roberto Luigi Quercetani, Statman/Historian Nonpareil appeared first on Track & Field News.

Read on »

Comment

no one from farm team or stanford is going to make olympic team @ 1500 meters.sorry.

Comment

Who else in the US can run a 3:35 1500 besides Krummenacker. Stember and Berryhill ran their 3:35 1500s quite some time ago. There are many 3:40 US runners that won't have a chance making a dent on the international stage.

40 years ago a 3:40 1500 was a great time. Today it is a time of a typical journey man runner who has a slight chance of making an Olympic team. Of course he also has to get the Olympic B standard which is 3:38. The only place a 3:40 will get you respect is in the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                        X