This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lee Evans needs our help

Saying that in the 2000s (when he said it) is ridiculous.

Comment

I guess I'm not paying proper attention here--in part because all of this is such a non-issue. I thought THE reason that Evans is (supposedly) such a bad human being was because of what he did in 1968. No?

His comments in the 2000s are pretty ridiculous, certainly and I'm not going to defend them. But I presume you are equally hard on all the right-wing anti-government chatter of the last decade--you know, about secession, taking up guns against the feds, etc., etc.? Seems to me that all of this is cut from pretty similar (unpatriotic) cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
        I guess I'm not paying proper attention here--in part because all of this is such a non-issue. I thought THE reason that Evans is (supposedly) such a bad human being was because of what he did in 1968. No?

His comments in the 2000s are pretty ridiculous, certainly and I'm not going to defend them. But I presume you are equally hard on all the right-wing anti-government chatter of the last decade--you know, about secession, taking up guns against the feds, etc., etc.? Seems to me that all of this is cut from pretty similar (unpatriotic) cloth.
        Secession no less. In 2009 even!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009 ... ession.php

Comment

Originally posted by kuha

The stuff in 1968 was inflammatory and ridiculous.

The so-called "patriot movement" of the 90s to today is more ridiculous because there is less of a basis for paranoia and distrust, but I still think the OCHR guys went about it the wrong way because they took attention from the other runners and the Olympics itself, and that shouldn't happen. And that's the exact reason why we shouldn't have boycotted the Moscow Olympics. We allowed them to become a farce.

Comment

Working...
          X