Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So You Wanted To See That London 100 Final?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So You Wanted To See That London 100 Final?

Should have bought synchronized swimming tix...

http://espn.go.com/blog/olympics/post/_ ... yone-wants

The interesting thing is that London is making up for the (synchronized swimming oversell) by offering those fans tickets to other events instead, including the 100-meter final. Imagine buying tickets for synchronized swimming and receiving the 100 final due to a computer mistake? That's like buying tickets to see Michael Bolton and having U2 play instead because he had laryngitis.
    There are no strings on me

Re: So You Wanted To See That London 100 Final?

Damn!
    :evil:
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

paper this morning said they're talking about something like 200 seats.

Comment

Tickets went on resale this morning....

I saw some tickets for the men's 100m final, but before I could enter my card details, they were gone!
        :twisted:
        Not many of the cheaper athletics tickets are going on resale.

Comment

Talk about international obsession with the 100m finals, which will not be the most interesting of events, for me.
          Every third article in the worlds Press about the OG mentions the 100m final/s. Many of the events are more open with great athletes, track and field, contending ; as for catching the publics imagination, what that really means,imo, is you only have to concentrate for 10 seconds and the brainwashing so beloved of the worlds Media has been really well accentuauted since UB did his stuff. Well it may well be a fine race, in a temperature of approx 13-15 degrees C. with a fair likelihood of rain and not necessarily a favourable wind, so forget Berlin.

I got my tickets which I asked for which will be greater than the 100m sprints, namely the last night with the mens 5 K and the womens 800, not to mention the Javelin and a rather mouth watering Relay.

Comment

Lucky for you....
            :?
            I'm not even interested in the 100m final. I'm trying to get tickets for the 200 races, men and women, and even though they were advertised as available, when I applied for them, I was told that they weren't available. And now, predictably, the site has crashed....
            :roll:

Comment

the "obsession" with the 100 is perfectly logical. I'm sure that Oog and Ogg were sitting outside their cave one day and one said to the other, "Bet I can beat you to that big rock over there." And the desire to know who is fastest has never left us. It's in genetic memory by now.

It also happens in a nice straight line right in front of you and doesn't tax anybody's attention span.

And best of all, IMHO, is that at a WC/OG you get multiple rounds, so there's a delightful whittling-down process to enjoy. Watching the early rounds is (or was, since they've halved it with the decision to get rid of the first round) a great pleasure. Figuring out who really looks good, who's just going through the motions. And then on the final evening when you get two loaded semis leading into a final 2 hours later, the drama is exquisite.

Could be the perfect event.

Comment

That does seem to be the general consensus. For me, the race is simply too short--there's not "enough" there to actually see and if you're not pretty much on the line of the finish, it's often hard to tell who actually won. But maybe I'm just a slow watcher...

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  And best of all, IMHO, is that at a WC/OG you get multiple rounds, so there's a delightful whittling-down process to enjoy. Watching the early rounds is (or was, since they've halved it with the decision to get rid of the first round) a great pleasure. Figuring out who really looks good, who's just going through the motions. And then on the final evening when you get two loaded semis leading into a final 2 hours later, the drama is exquisite.

Could be the perfect event.
                  Maybe it's a "you have to be there" affair, but being in the stadium during the 100m is soooo much more dramatic than nearly any other event and I do believe that the rounds one day and then the semi-final/final on the same night (usually to close the days events) have something to do with it. (2003 was shaping up, based upon how the athletes looked in the rounds, to be a battle between Asafa Powell - then relatively unknown - and Jon Drummond...and then the real drama began :lol: )

Comment

the drama of a 100m is true for many, although by the time you focus on the athletes its all over.

More drama for me in the last few laps of a 5k/10k or the tactics in a 800/1500m.; who gets bumped, who falls, who screws up and gets in the wrong lane at the wrong time, who leaves it to the last seconds of a race over 800/1500/ etc;who starts to sprint too early like Mo did this year; but the 10K at Daegu... what could be more dramatic than Jeilan/Mo in the last 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by 72
                      ... what could be more dramatic than Jeilan/Mo in the last 100m.
                      Merritt/James in the last 100
                      Felix/Montsho in the last 100
                      Felix/Jeter/VCB in the last 100
                      Simpson/England/RodrĂ­guez in the last 100....

:-)

Seriously, way hard to choose. I'm thinking Daegu may have had the best collection of homestretch battles I've ever seen in one meet.

Comment

But what about Rome '87

Great 100 and 200 (with .09 covering first 6), 400 with Schönlebe outkicking Egbunike and Reynolds, plus Moses winning the great 400h ever with 0.02 covering the first three

Comment

THird day in a row that the website has been down....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
                            THird day in a row that the website has been down....
                            Shiv - I think it'll be down for some time yet. Talk of Ticketmaster (people running the site) going away and rethinking, and not going live again until a solid system is in place

One idea mooted at the moment is that there will be a period of tickets being placed online as available, followed by a 'sale' time, to avoid the 'checking every five minutes to see what's been uploaded' fiasco that they simply couldn't control etc

Comment

"From 3pm today, you can submit to the resale programme any tickets which you purchased through London 2012 but are no longer able to use. You have until 6pm on 3 February to submit tickets. These tickets will be made available to the public from April 2012."

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X