Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's back!!

Jonathan Gill . . . featured article in Sunday's sport section . . . www.registerguard.com

Re: He's back!!

Too bad he still sucks. Any coverage Gill gets is a disservice to the sport. Give Rupp or Sellers the coverage. Not someone who has no shot and appears to be pulling the wool over many people's eyes. The guy is a fraud.

Comment

In all fairness to today's article, they're open about saying he has no shot. It's just a human interest fluff piece. I personally don't see the human interest in it, but the writer must have.

Comment

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2004/ ... .0509.html

we could cut the guy some slack - he's doing an outreach program to prevent others from following his path - it IS human interest, but his recent 4:17 1500 meters means it is NOT track news.

Comment

>The guy is a fraud.

In what sense?

Comment

>we could cut the guy some slack - he's doing an outreach program to prevent others from following his path - it IS human interest, but his recent 4:17 1500 meters means it is NOT track news.

My sentiments, exactly. Plus, Dick Brown is working with these inmates. This may not be the kind of news which rabid fans wish to read about, but it does put a more positive spin on the sport.

Comment

Let's be realistic and a bit generous. Here is a guy involved with our sport trying to make a fresh start in life. He is clearly not going to make the Olympic team this or any other year, nor is he going to be an international class runner. But by making an effort to do as well as he can, and by publicizing the effort, he is making an attempt to be a model of rehabilitation. Probably he will write a book or become a motivational speaker. Does that exploit the sport? Sure, to some degree, but so what? At least Gill isn't juiced up and trying to mask test results, etc. etc. !!! Is he self-promoting, of course. But what is Edwin Moses doing in his high profile but ludicrous attempt to make the team?

Comment

great question everyone is entitled to know about edwin moses comeback.whats up with this,he was graced the b standard to compete if he qualified.there are 5-8 other athletes over 40 who
                are trying to qualify at the b standard in there events,there all training&racing at least trying.
                hey! judd logan a standard in hammer.
                they refuse to give very if any press to the other 8 athletes 40&OVER YET ed moses is great gets huge press,

moses your out there ,your a coward&im calling your ego-bluff show up at outdoor meets home-depot/stanford/prefontaine/where ever.
                i thought you were the michael jordan of track&field,even mj showed up!

Comment

2 observations:

1. If I thought the last two posts were even remotely serious about Moses, I'd call the authors completely out of touch with reality, but I'm sure they are just weak attempts at 'humor'.

2. The Moses' comeback was called off several weeks ago, so let's get with the program, please.

Comment

As Huh often posts, Huh?
                    I've been out of town for 4 days so my interpretive skills are presently a bit lacking. Can anyone help in deciphering what the above means? (btw...Moses gave up on his comeback months ago)

Comment

What I meant in relation to Moses' much talked about come back was that it was never a realistic expectation, but rather a self-promotion to achieve some other agenda that Edwin had in mind. That is the way I see Gill as well.

Comment

"All athletes are susceptible to training injuries, and Gill has been saddled with an extraordinary amount including
                        ankle, calf, hamstring and pelvic problems. While there will be no Olympic success in his future, Gill could still achieve
                        much the next couple of years, including striving for the annual World Championships."

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/sport ... 4270449922

Comment

While there will be no Olympic success in his future, Gill could
                          >still achieve much the next couple of years, including striving for the
                          >annual World Championships."

Bats will sooner fly out of my ass.

Comment

>While there will be no Olympic success in his future, Gill could
                            >still
                            >achieve much the next couple of years, including striving for the
                            >annual
                            >World Championships."

Bats will sooner fly out of my ass.

hey malmo, you sure are fixated on your posterior and excretions from it !

peace brother... guess I should have seen your sense of humor more. i'm cool/you're cool.

Comment

Since when are the world championships annual?

Comment

Working...
                              X