Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 first clash: Asafa vs Gatlin over 50m in NY on Jan 28th

Should be a good race. I expect Asafa to win this one though. The Gatlin "now" isn't the same Gatlin from 2006.

Re: 2012 first clash: Asafa vs Gatlin over 50m in NY on Jan

The meet is the "new" US Open indoor track meet at Madison Square Gardens.

Comment

I think Powell should win easily.

Comment

This is the first race between the two since... 2005/2006 I believe. Knowing Powell's strength, if he is all good he should win and I assume Carter will come second in this one as well. As it pertains to Gatlin he ran a 55m before and ran a good time so he's definitely in form. I think he'll come in 3rd probably.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
          This is the first race between the two since... 2005/2006 I believe. Knowing Powell's strength, if he is all good he should win and I assume Carter will come second in this one as well. As it pertains to Gatlin he ran a 55m before and ran a good time so he's definitely in form. I think he'll come in 3rd probably.
          First race since 2005. I don't expect Gatlin to get back to the form he was in in 2005/2006. We know why.

Comment

For a short race, it's very possible. Look at Dwain Chambers.

Comment

So why is it a 50m and not 60m again?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                WR attempt?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

Has to do with the renovations at the Garden. Not as much room for the runout--and they will run in the opposite direction. (Right to left if you're on the mile-finish side)

Comment

If you search youtube, you will see Gatlin's first race this season.He ran a 55m in 6.15.

Comment

If Asafa thinks only of Gatlin, and if Gatlin thinks only of Asafa, Nesta Carter will surprise them both. Anyone that counts out Carter over 50m does so at their own peril.
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

Comment

If Gatlin made 6.15 in 55, it would be around 6.57-6.58 in 60m or 5.71-5.72 in 50m.
                        Not very fast times really.

WR is 5.56 for Bailey and Greene.
                        If Powell gets 5.60-5.65 i imagine that it will be very good time.
                        If Powell gets around 5.70 would be a weak time i think.

I hope great time for Asafa and that in his next 60m in the next month he can get 6.40-6.45 (yes i know that is very hard, but the start of Powell is AMAZING)

Comment

Trust me not trying to.....bah humbug....honest. I 'm just not sold on Mr. Delicate Asafa Powell and an event as explosive as a 50-60. This will be his last Olympic year, does he really need that sort of thing right now at his stage of the game? It doesn't matter at all who wins. What does matter comes far later on.

Comment

6.15 in the 55m represents a personal best FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                            X