Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open Indoor meet(1/28/11) start list

Meet will be held at Madison Square Gardens.

Men’s Events

50 meters: Trell Kimmons (USA), Kimmari Roach (JAM), Asafa Powell (JAM), Justin Gatlin (USA), Daniel Bailey (ANT), Nesta Carter (JAM)

600 yards: Bershawn Jackson (USA), Renny Quow (TRI), Greg Nixon (USA), Tabarie Henry (UVI)

Mile: Bernard Lagat (USA), Silas Kiplagat (KEN), Henok Legesse (ETH), Daniel Komen Kipchirchir (KEN), Anthony Famiglietti (USA), Matt Elliott (USA)

50-meter hurdles: Aries Merritt (USA), David Oliver (USA), Terrence Trammell (USA), Jeff Porter (USA), Dwight Thomas (USA), Omo Osaghae (USA)

Shot Put: Christian Cantwell (USA), Adam Nelson (USA), Ryan Whiting (USA), Cory Martin (USA)

High Jump: Jesse Williams (USA), Dusty Jonas (USA), Jamie Nieto (USA), Jim Dilling (USA)

Women’s Events

50 meters: Bianca Knight (USA), Veronica Campbell-Brown (JAM), Alexandria Anderson (USA), Tehesia Harrigan (IVB), Jessica Young (USA), Gloria Asumnu (NGR)

500 yards: Monica Hargrove (USA), Jasmine Chaney (USA), Keshia Baker (USA), Davita Prendergast (JAM)

800 meters: Ajee Wilson (USA), Fantu Magiso (ETH), Jessica Smith (CAN)

Mile: Anna Pierce (USA), Stephanie Garcia (USA), Lauren Hagans (USA), Brenda Martinez (USA)

50-meter hurdles: Kellie Wells (USA), Lolo Jones (USA), Dawn Harper (USA), Tiffany Porter (GBR), Nia Ali (USA), Ginnie Crawford (USA)

Pole Vault: Jenn Suhr (USA), Becky Holliday (USA), Jillian Schwartz (ISR), Lacy Jansen (USA), Mary Saxer (USA), Janice Keppler (USA)

Re: US Open Indoor meet(1/28/11) start list

Again, Richard Thompson was supposed to be in the 50m, does anyone know if he is injured ? Same for Jason Richardson.

Comment

Interesting to see Roach down to run in the men's 50m....
      My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan
        MVP always try to get much of its athletes on the circuit. He is an up and coming guy who should get close to 10.00 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
          Originally posted by shivfan
          MVP always try to get much of its athletes on the circuit. He is an up and coming guy who should get close to 10.00 this year.
          K Roach is with racers now ..unless he made a u turn and went back

I also noticed that D Thomas is listed in the hurdles and representing the usa .. that must be a typo..

Comment

I'm always fascinated to see who's taking indoors seriously and comes prepared to make a mark (pun!). I will be watching these guys/gals with great interest:

50 meters: Asafa Powell (JAM), Justin Gatlin (USA), Daniel Bailey (ANT), Nesta Carter (JAM)
            Mile: Bernard Lagat (USA), Daniel Komen Kipchirchir (KEN)
            50-meter hurdles: David Oliver (USA), Terrence Trammell (USA)
            Shot Put: Christian Cantwell (USA), Adam Nelson (USA), Ryan Whiting (USA), Cory Martin (USA)
            High Jump: Jesse Williams (USA)

50 meters: Veronica Campbell-Brown (JAM)
            50-meter hurdles: Kellie Wells (USA), Lolo Jones (USA), Dawn Harper (USA)
            Pole Vault: Jenn Suhr (USA)

Comment

I am most keen to see VCB's start, which was much improved in 2010 but we saw the 'rolling' start in 2011, which she was slammed for on here and didn't work in Daegu.

Is Harrigan her biggest challenger in this, who's better inside than out?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster
                I am most keen to see VCB's start, which was much improved in 2010 but we saw the 'rolling' start in 2011, which she was slammed for on here and didn't work in Daegu.

Not sure who she is training with. In her most recent IAAF blog, she said that she did some fall training in Atlanta and she is now back in Florida.

If VC gets her start right, she will be double Olympic champion.

VC is using the Indoor season to get her start right and being consistent with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster

Jessica Young I would bet.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                    If VC gets her start right, she will be double Olympic champion.

VC is using the Indoor season to get her start right and being consistent with it.
                    But whi8ch start will she use? Her high-reward/high-reward 'rolling' start (which might technically not be quite legal -- not my area of expertise) or a more standard start? She is in a bit of dilemma, as Jeter and SAFP (plus?) are fast enough that unless she gets a pretty good start she likely will not win the 100. This argues a bit for the high-risk strategy, but having been burned in the WCs, and facing the modest probability that if it is not 'legal' she might be DQed even if she gets a great start, what is her best strategy?

My guess is that she runs the indoor circuit without the rolling start and stays fixed in the blocks and works on executing her start/transition. The key here is that rather than thinking about it as just her start, she will go after the combination of the start and the transition. That gives her the best chance in London. And, if I see her getting that part down really well by May, I might have to switch my 'favorite' designation from Jeter to VCB.

Comment

Jeter has the most complete race in my mind in the womens 100m, her start is not as good as SAFP but its good enough to win, as we saw in Daegu. VCB's angles out of the blocks and transition was good in 2010, here's hope she'll look back and work on some of those aspects again.

I noticed she said she was in Altanta, where she trained with Tony Carpenter and then in Florida, where she trained with Lance Brauman back in 2009 and I think also with Claude Grant, anyone know?

Comment

I'm calling it right now: Trell Kimmons is going to win the 50m.

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott
                          I'm calling it right now: Trell Kimmons is going to win the 50m.
                          Me too.

Comment

No way Asafa loses.

Comment

Is Suhr healthy?

Comment

Working...
                              X