Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?????? ?? ????

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ?????? ?? ????

    ?? ? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?????.

  • #2
    Re: ?????? ?? ????

    Daisy the porn star, or government coverup?
    phsstt!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ?????? ?? ????

      ??'s just honoring the wiki ?????? today.

      Well done!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ?????? ?? ????

        Originally posted by dj
        Well done!
        I can't lay claim to the idea, but I was impressed enough to copy it

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ?????? ?? ????

          Originally posted by Daisy
          ?? ? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?????.
          ]?? ? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? !

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ?????? ?? ????

            What the %$#*&!$#?*%$ !

            I want my Wiki !!!

            You don't know what you miss till you lose it!

            interesting note from wiki:

            Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

            Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ?????? ?? ????

              Wikipedia may have its faults, but I love it, and would be most distressed if it were forced to close shop over this.

              So, no it doesn't have a lot to do with current track & field, but I felt it was too important a topic to be buried in the not-track section.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ?????? ?? ????

                Originally posted by gh
                Wikipedia may have its faults, but I love it, and would be most distressed if it were forced to close shop over this.
                Teachers have a love/hate relationship with it.
                Students want it to all the work and trust it without question, which drives us crazy.
                But it IS the go-to place to get info/context on lost of important things we DO want them to look up and know. I use it several times a day professionally and personally.

                There may be no site that better illustrates the bane and boon of the internet.
                Given all the plusses and minuses, it is roughly a PLUS JILLION.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ?????? ?? ????

                  Two wiki pages are functional today.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIPA

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOPA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ?????? ?? ????

                    Originally posted by tafnut
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Wikipedia may have its faults, but I love it, and would be most distressed if it were forced to close shop over this.
                    Teachers have a love/hate relationship with it.
                    Students want it to all the work and trust it without question, which drives us crazy.
                    A colleague of mine suggested that we should assign to our classes a research project, due at midnight tonight...

                    I do find this trend frustrating and disappointing. The students in my "Weapons of Mass Destruction" class must write a term paper. I can't count how many almost exclusively use Wikipedia or other online sources, and don't crack open a single book. Although I allow web resources, I discourage Wiki (but it doesn't help).

                    That being said, the Wiki entries for most advanced Physics and Mathematics topics are obviously written by experts, and are quite trustworthy (the same, I'm sure, is true for other disciplines).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ?????? ?? ????

                      Originally posted by JRM
                      That being said, the Wiki entries for most advanced Physics and Mathematics topics are obviously written by experts, and are quite trustworthy (the same, I'm sure, is true for other disciplines).
                      The main biology ones are well written and informative. Some of the more obscure ones are quite rudimentary and often too simplistic or inaccurate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ?????? ?? ????

                        Originally posted by JRM
                        ....

                        I do find this trend frustrating and disappointing. The students in my "Weapons of Mass Destruction" class must write a term paper. I can't count how many almost exclusively use Wikipedia or other online sources, and don't crack open a single book. ...
                        Is there a difference between reading it on a screen as opposed to "cracking" a book and reading the same think on paper? Bottom line is the same now as it was when my classmates were doing rote copying out of the Britannica: lack of actual learning.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: ?????? ?? ????

                          Originally posted by tafnut
                          What the %$#*&!$#?*%$ !

                          I want my Wiki !!!

                          You don't know what you miss till you lose it!

                          interesting note from wiki:

                          Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

                          Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

                          Also an easy workaround when clicking on a wiki page is to hit esc before the page redirects to the blackout message(you have a fraction of a second where the desired page is shown before the redirect)
                          There are no strings on me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: ?????? ?? ????

                            Originally posted by guru
                            hit esc before the page redirects to the blackout message(you have a fraction of a second where the desired page is shown before the redirect)
                            Excellent - thanks! I was starting to go into the DTs without my fix!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: ?????? ?? ????

                              According to the Wiki information stuff I read this morning, the pending legislation would make it illegal for a website to allow posters to dispense advice @ how to work around sites that had been blocked for legal reasons. Thus, if Wiki were blocked by Big Brother instead of their own staff, then the sort of work-arounds on the previous post might cause the T&FN site to be shut down.
                              Crazy, isn't it?
                              The whole legislation is not only ham-fisted but unenforceable on the face of it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X