Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

    Originally posted by notorious
    Regarding your first question, Bolt and his management team are not required to give any of us updates as to what he does off the track. If he decides to “skip” a lowkey meet to go for a doctor checkup, I believe it is his business and no need for us to question it. He has been seeing his German specialist doctor for years. Go and research this.
    How things change...was it just two years ago that Asafa was part of a process that ended up at the Fair Trading Commission because he pulled out of a meet (I believe it was the Grace Jackson) days before the event because of injury? People were upset then because they bought tickets for the meet because Asafa was scheduled to run, but now Bolt can do the same thing and "it's his business" and folks are wrong to ask questions?

    Ironic.
    Regards,
    toyracer

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

      Originally posted by toyracer
      Originally posted by notorious
      Regarding your first question, Bolt and his management team are not required to give any of us updates as to what he does off the track. If he decides to “skip” a lowkey meet to go for a doctor checkup, I believe it is his business and no need for us to question it. He has been seeing his German specialist doctor for years. Go and research this.
      How things change...was it just two years ago that Asafa was part of a process that ended up at the Fair Trading Commission because he pulled out of a meet (I believe it was the Grace Jackson) days before the event because of injury? People were upset then because they bought tickets for the meet because Asafa was scheduled to run, but now Bolt can do the same thing and "it's his business" and folks are wrong to ask questions?

      Ironic.
      *shrugs*

      Selective memory...

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

        Bolt says everything is good and he is expected to run in the 4 x 100m and 4 x 400m this Saturday at the Gibson Relays at the National Stadium in Kingston.

        I hope this now puts to rest the aimless speculation about him being injured.



        http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/ne ... ng-is-good

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

          Originally posted by JumboElliott
          Do you think that the company making the track is going to say: "our track is going to be slow!"

          Absolutely not.
          Look everyone says the track is very fast, Coe, England, etc. I if u don't want to believe it fine but the track is very fast period.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

            My school installed artificial turf that they claimed would decrease injury, but injuries doubled the next season.

            Everyone you've mentioned has a stake in the performance of the surface. You'll only know when someone runs on it.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

              Originally posted by chuku69
              Originally posted by JumboElliott
              Do you think that the company making the track is going to say: "our track is going to be slow!"

              Absolutely not.
              Look everyone says the track is very fast, Coe, England, etc. I if u don't want to believe it fine but the track is very fast period.
              So, can we write Bolt's record obituary if he only runs 9.7 or, horrors, 9.8 this summer because he is on the fastest track on the fastest stage and if that is all he can muster, then his peak days are done....

              Comment


              • #52
                Are people normally this wild with their predictions on this forum ?

                YES, they are this delusional ! it is unlikely that the track laid down is not going to be fast, but the conditions (temp and wind) will not be conducive to any record breaking performances.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                  Greene told that track in London is very fast too.
                  We will be sure 100% when beging OG of course.

                  We will see the shape of Bolt when he begins his season in 100.
                  If he gets 9.9 he will be in shape of 2010-2011 and he did 9.76 with very bad start in brussels.
                  If he gets 9.8 in his first races he could get 9.7 in the season and perhaps 9.6 in London with good weather and wind.

                  Is bad to make predictions?

                  Is my opinion :wink:

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                    As stated b4 if the makers said the track is made with similar materials to Beijing's track and is faster with even better technology. Why is this so hard to understand. Nobody has to run on the track to know if it is fast or not based on what the makers said, but it was validated by ppl who ran on the track and said it felt fast (eg. England, Coe).

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                      Well, because you have to take what people in those positions say with a grain of salt.

                      But, let's give you that, and if Bolt runs a mere 9.57 there it is a sign that he peaked in 2009 and is on the downward slide apparently illustrated by his performances since 2009.

                      Similar materials -- does that mean in exactly the same proportion/manner? Maybe the track is 'tuned' a little differently so that it is better for middle distance and distance, areas where the Brits have been relative better for the last half century or more.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                        Originally posted by 26mi235
                        Well, because you have to take what people in those positions say with a grain of salt.

                        But, let's give you that, and if Bolt runs a mere 9.57 there it is a sign that he peaked in 2009 and is on the downward slide apparently illustrated by his performances since 2009.

                        Similar materials -- does that mean in exactly the same proportion/manner? Maybe the track is 'tuned' a little differently so that it is better for middle distance and distance, areas where the Brits have been relative better for the last half century or more.
                        It's not just them it is the DESIGNER of the track. He says its fast. They build it to accommodate both sprinters and long distance runners. Here is the link http://youtu.be/w6o97L_yl9I. Feel free to criticize again sigh :roll: :roll: :roll:

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                          Do you not understand that the person who designed the track has a stake in the success of it and he's trying to sell a product?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                            Originally posted by chuku69
                            It's not just them it is the DESIGNER of the track. He says its fast. They build it to accommodate both sprinters and long distance runners. Here is the link http://youtu.be/w6o97L_yl9I. Feel free to criticize again sigh :roll: :roll: :roll:
                            That is exactly what I meant - he is supposed to say "we made a track that would be reliable and yield results that are not way to fast so that the sprint times would not be outliers..."...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                              Just announced that Usain Bolt will not take part in this saturday's Gibson Relays :cry:

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

                                Wow it seems like 2011 all over again. He seems like he will not race until May.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X