• notorious
    replied
    Re: Usain Bolt's 2012 Track Schedule

Bolt has signed up for Zurich.

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Bolt opens his season tomorrow(Saturday).

He has also signed up for the Monaco DL

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Originally posted by 72
    Bet a bunch that a goodly number of sportspeople who will win Goldies at the OG are currently injured, ill, not firing well,etc, but goodness, its February 24 ; 5 months is plenty of time to get into full fitness; so let calm prevail and let us avoid BP at all costs... no not British Petroleum, but Bolt Paranoia.
    lol. Well said

Leave a comment:

replied

Bet a bunch that a goodly number of sportspeople who will win Goldies at the OG are currently injured, ill, not firing well,etc, but goodness, its February 24 ; 5 months is plenty of time to get into full fitness; so let calm prevail and let us avoid BP at all costs... no not British Petroleum, but Bolt Paranoia.

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

I think this is funny discussing Bolt's injured or not injured because i feel when May comes around and he fires a 9.7, then this will be all forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

I dont think that Bolt is injuried.
    But perhaps Bolt is having some little problems in his back or in his shape so they dont want have a possible injury running now.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

I'm 85 percent sure that bolt is injured in some way shape or form. Even if its just a niggle, they just don't want to let the public know so it won't cause an outburst. Bolts business is track, his job is to compete.
    But like someone said, he is Bolt so even if he is not in top form, he will still pull out great races relative to the competition.

Leave a comment:

• ZELLGADISS
    replied

I repeat, if in his first 100m on the season he gets around 9.91 like in 2011, he will be only 90% this year and "only" will get 9.7 this year.
    If he gets around 9.80-9.85 in his first 100m, he can get sub 9.7 this year :wink:

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

I believe it is just a nice PC excuse. However, I am not too concerned. If he misses his meets in May(Jamaica Invitational and Rome DL then, I will be very concerned since the Olympic Trials are in June.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/ ... L320120223

Article on the reason as to why...

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

Originally posted by chuku69
    Originally posted by t_monk
    I am not too worried about him just yet because he is Bolt... That being said... If this continues on to the Jamaica International Invitational track meet... I will be VERY concerned.
    Agreed. If he doesn't run on May 5 then there is definitely a problem. As of now, i will take coach mills word that he is not injured.
    I don't buy that he's not injured. I think he is either injured (something minor I am hoping) or just feeling something and Glenn Mills don't want to push him. Mills wouldn't allow Bolt to just miss meets like that.

For one it is bad for business in a sense for Bolt or any star athlete to just be pulling out of meets, it makes Bolt and his management team seem just plain flaky or disrespectful unless there is a genuine reason.

Two these meets are actually important (or at least that's what I would think) to just get the rusts out, to see how you are and to just get yourself out there. One can argue of course that he is part of Racers that have some of the best track athletes between 100 and 400, that being said though there is nothing like an ACTUAL competition.

And another thing to note... If he is actually intending on running the 4x400, he would need to run some 400's or 4x400's. I would think running these meets would help make the argument for him be even more overwhelming to get him on that 4x400.

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

Originally posted by t_monk
    I am not too worried about him just yet because he is Bolt... That being said... If this continues on to the Jamaica International Invitational track meet... I will be VERY concerned.
    Agreed. If he doesn't run on May 5 then there is definitely a problem. As of now, i will take coach mills word that he is not injured.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• notorious
    replied

Originally posted by chuku69
    Wow it seems like 2011 all over again. He seems like he will not race until May.
    You are correct. I don't have a problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• chuku69
    replied

Wow it seems like 2011 all over again. He seems like he will not race until May.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X