Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt to open 2012 season with 400m on Feb. 11

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/ne ... als-events

Bolt should run twice 400m and once both relays (4x100m, 4x400m). His first competition is over 400 metres at Camperdown Classic on February 11. Then at Gibson Relays on February 25, Bolt will run both relays 4x100m and 4x400m on behalf of Racers TC.

Re: Usain Bolt to open 2012 season with 400m on Feb. 11

That how it should be done, a nice relaxed 400. Sorta ease into it. What Powell is doing....sheesh~~~~~

Comment

I wait to see in that race on Feb 11,a time around 45 low

Comment

The Camperdown Classic is on Feb 11....

I wonder who else is down to run at that....
        My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan

Blake will also run the 400m but in a different heat.

Comment

Dare I say Usain Bolt 45 low and Blake a 44.88. Or if Blake goes first we just might see a sub 45 from Bolt because trust me these 2 are gonna fire warning shots at each other. You can bank on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

wow that would be stupid, the fans want to see them go head up, even if it is not their events.

kind of like the boston indoor having a womens 3k and 2 mile and have defar and t. dibaba in separate races.

these meet directors are ignorant of what fans want to see.

now if i were the meet director of the meet in jamaica and was told bolt and blake want to run a 400 i would have them going head up. or i would take a premeet poll and ask would you like to see bolt and blake go head up or be in separate heats, i would be shocked if 95% did not want to see them go head up.

Comment

Does Blake have a 400 pb? None is listed on the IAAF bio.

Comment

Originally posted by doug5321
                  Originally posted by notorious

wow that would be stupid, the fans want to see them go head up, even if it is not their events.

kind of like the boston indoor having a womens 3k and 2 mile and have defar and t. dibaba in separate races.

these meet directors are ignorant of what fans want to see.

now if i were the meet director of the meet in jamaica and was told bolt and blake want to run a 400 i would have them going head up. or i would take a premeet poll and ask would you like to see bolt and blake go head up or be in separate heats, i would be shocked if 95% did not want to see them go head up.
                  I believe the Camperdown Classic is a Track Racers baby, so maybe meet director and Glen Mills might be more or less one and the same....

Comment

Originally posted by John G
                    Not sure if he has run an open 400m since he became a pro two years ago.

In high school, Blake ran the 100/200m and ran some devastating anchor legs on his high school's 4 x 400m team at Boys and Girls Championships in Kingston.

Based on past experiences, he looks very comfortable at that distance.

Comment

Yes he ran in the 2010 uwi invitational in jamaica. He ran against Asafa Powell and came third with a time of 47.89. Asafa won that heat in 47.56

Comment

Originally posted by John G

His PR is 46.80.

I think it's safe to say he can go faster than that. I'd guess just off his normal workout routine meaning no special 400m training he's a 45.5ish guy. Faster wouldn't surprise me at all. Mike Marsh 45.08, Jon Drummond 45.2?? without 400m training. Hell, Tyson Gay sub 45.00.

I am doubting the seriousness of these early season 400's. I don't think we'll be seeing an all out/give it everything peformance.

Comment

"Jamaica-based athlete Isaac Makwala looks set to square off with world 200 metres champion Usain Bolt in the Camperdown Classic this Saturday while world 100m champion Yohan Blake will also open his 2012 season at the same competition."

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=8&aid ... y/Tuesday7

Comment

Wise ducks know how to handle their bills.

Comment

I predict Bolt will run 45.32 and Blake will run 44.90

Comment

Working...
                              X