Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Olympics Commercial Featuring three USA [email protected] Athletes

NBC just rolled out a promo add for the 2012 Olympics and what it means to represent the USA. Three USATF athletes were in the promo (well four if you count the Christian Taylor highlights from Daegu). Two of them weren't all that surprising: Allyson Felix and David Oliver. The third athlete that was in the promo was Kellie Wells, which is a bit surprising because she's no lock to make the squad unlike Felix or Oliver (DO isn't a lock either, but he's close). She is the US Champion, so maybe that's why she's in that ad.

Re: NBC Olympics Commercial Featuring three USA [email protected] Athletes

Unless the selection rules have changed there is no such thing as a "lock" in the USA team - just ask 1972 "lock" Randy Matson.

Comment

If NBC was smart, they should feature Bolt in one of their ads.

Bolt is the most popular athlete in the world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

Where are the laughing smileys when I need them?

Do you have a source for this claim? You might want to try these (from a quick google search of "world's most popular athletes): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...-world/page/11 (#10) or http://bustedcoverage.com/2011/10/19...letes/#photo=1 (#21).

Comment

Nike not = Puma

Didn't you notice that it is a Nike-sponsored event or is that too suttle for you.

It really is getting tiresome that whatever the conversation is that notorious chimes in with "Bolt" or "VCB" or ... with little regard for the context.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235

Nike not = Puma

Didn't you notice that it is a Nike-sponsored event or is that too suttle for you.

It really is getting tiresome that whatever the conversation is that notorious chimes in with "Bolt" or "VCB" or ... with little regard for the context.

I am sorry but why you do keep following my behind all over this board in everything I post.You don't have anything better to do? Sorry that you don't have any athletes( from your country) to get excited over. Jamaica has loads of them that will continue to win gold in 2012 and that is why I get excited over my jamaican athletes.

I really do think you get jealous whenever I post anything pro-Jamaica on this board. I am sorry but we can't help it but being dominant in the sprints

Comment

Originally posted by GDAWG
              The third athlete that was in the promo was Kellie Wells, which is a bit surprising because she's no lock to make the squad unlike Felix or Oliver (DO isn't a lock either, but he's close). She is the US Champion, so maybe that's why she's in that ad.
              Wells is attractive with modelling experience, on the way up in her event, fell in Daegu in the final and has a tough personal story that combines to make her a PR prospect if she was to make the team, get a medal or win. The obvious choice would be Lolo but being an Asics athlete that probably ruled her out.

Comment

HUGE issue here, Dawn Harper IS the defending Olympic gold medalists. It has been an issue for the last 3 seasons in whispers. She has never received the respect due, by the way she medaled last year too, making her the most decorated female hurdler currently on the scene. So the Beijing gold medallists is healthy and proved her pedigree, yet they went with Kelly Wells. I do not know the exact reasons, and I do not think Kelly is bad choice just curious as to why Dawn is continually ignored.

Comment

Sorry that you don't have any athletes( from your country) to get excited over.//

i think 26mi235 is from the us so that assertion is beyond ridiculous.
                  aside from the 12 defending world champions in track and field that could potentially make the us olympic team, he has another 15 defending world champions in swimming, 4 in gymnastics, both basketball teams and leading contenders in the women's soccer team, beach volleyball teams and indoor volleyball. plenty to choose from, enough to make his head spinning...

Comment

So much of this pre-Olympic "hype" has moe to do with things other than talent and performance. Especially when it comes to female athletes.

Comment

Working...
                    X