Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006-07 Nationals To Indy

Hey Steve, I'm 20 mins from Carson where the 2005 meet is being held, we should do a trade!

I was at Stanford 2 years ago, what was the problem? My only one was it was bloody hot during the day followed by a freezing late afternoon wind that forced me to fork out for a Stanford sweatshirt. It was packed.

Comment

>I went to Indy twice, '85 & '88. In '85 I made a motel reservation without
      >looking at a map. I had asked the chain for a motel "near the track". Oh,
      >they have ANOTHER track? >>

Don't worry Mike, you're in good company. The first time Nationals was in Indy, WR setter John Powell called the Chambeer of Commerce for "a motel right by the track" and he too ended up in Speedway, Indiana!

(ps: if you've never done it, the museum out at the racecourse--and a ride around the brickyard in a bus--is worth the trip)

Comment

>I'll be happy if there is never another Nationals in that place. You
        >can keep your damned eucalyptus forests and $39 meals.>>

Yeah, but do you get koala bears in Indianapolis? Come to think of it, are there any trees of any kind in Indy?

Comment

As to the PR in TJ alluded to, Banks' mark is the best I have seen. Mary has two 17.92s from WCs in '87 & '01.

Comment

I'm not sure what's wrong with euculyptus trees but is there another track stadiumin the countrythat has a big screen videoboard that matches that one at Stanford? In fact, are there many FOOTBALL stadiums tht do?

Comment

Working...
            X