• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    Re: Tyson Invitational 2/11/12

Originally posted by gm
    Claye's jump was awesome, but also wonderful to see Taylor's short-approach jumps. Those two are great to watch, and I hope they are around for a very long time.

Also a 23cm PR (5.51) for Texas State's Logan Cunningham in the men's PV.
    Taylor has the shortest run-up I recall ever seeing by an elite athlete. The first time I saw it, I thought he was just going to do a pop-up.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Claye's jump was awesome, but also wonderful to see Taylor's short-approach jumps. Those two are great to watch, and I hope they are around for a very long time.

Also a 23cm PR (5.51) for Texas State's Logan Cunningham in the men's PV.

Leave a comment:

• bman
    replied

Is Claye with Rana Reider as well?

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied

Originally posted by guru
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I don't sense much excitment about Rupp's 8:09.72 AR or Clayes 8.24 and 17.39 world leading marks at Tyson. :?

Gotta admit, I had not seen Claye's marks. Pretty snazzy early season double.

Leave a comment:

• preston
    replied

Originally posted by guru
    Originally posted by Avante
    The indoor 60 the great equalizer.

VCB...10.76

Tianna Madison...11.29

I agree, and dont expect Madison to make top 3 in the Trials 100, BUT it's worth noting that was a healthy PR for her(7.18). Bianca Knight's 4x1 leadoff tenure might be short-lived...
    Historically, you're right, but because so few American women have actually separated themselves from the pack of 11.00 +/- .05 the opportunities to sneak in are endless. I actually see Madison as the "out of the woodwork" find of 2012 if she can convert to 100m for no other reason than Jeter and Hooker seem to be most likely with all of the other women being the "same". That said, it's WAY too early but like the idea of adding another name to the mix.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Originally posted by lonewolf
    I don't sense much excitment about Rupp's 8:09.72 AR or Clayes 8.24 and 17.39 world leading marks at Tyson. :?

I think a big part of it is the fact that while Tyson was going on Saturday night, with no live TV coverage, Millrose had a deeper, more balanced slate of events streamed live for several hours, in HD no less. And by the time the Tyson meet was actually televised Sunday afternoon, it was cold pizza.

Oh, and lets not forget that while Tyson had Dan O'Brien doing (shaky) infield interviews, Millrose had Gus from Breaking Bad!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GDAWG
    replied

Anyone notice the returns of Joanna Hayes and Michelle Perry in the 60 meter hurdles?

Leave a comment:

• bman
    replied

Looking at the triple jump results I see a "Yordanys Garcia" finished in 7th place. That's not the decathlete from Cuba is it? Neither the meet nor the event would make any sense if it was, but its not exactly a common name.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Having watched Madison since her high school days here in Ohio, she looks like she's lost some (muscle) weight, and looks as sleek as I've ever seen her.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Interesting that the open to the TV coverage featured Oliver, Jones, Suhr, Williams, Lagat - non of whom were at Tyson, all but Jones at Millrose

Leave a comment:

• Speedster
    replied

Impressive double from Madison. She was always a talent but seemed like injury was holding her up. More on her current training situation here, assuming her website is up to date.

http://tiannamadison.com/present.htm

Hopefully we'll see some footage of the races today.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Madison was entered in the elite women's LJ but passed all her jumps to concentrate on the 60.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied

Tucked away among the pro races Saturday night was the invitational 4x400, with the Arkansas men running 3:03.76, just missing Florida's NCAA record(3:03.51) from 2005.

http://www.flashresults.com/2012_Meets/ ... ts81-1.htm

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Originally posted by notorious
    Originally posted by Avante
    The indoor 60 the great equalizer.

VCB...10.76

Tianna Madison...11.29
    I am sure Tianna will greatly improve her PR the outdoor season. Its an Olympic year so everyone is stepping up.
    Her PR is a 11.05 from 2009. Same year she ran her 7.18 PR indoors

Leave a comment:

Working...
X