• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *105th Millrose Games 2012 Live Link Here Now!*

Originally posted by notorious
    Originally posted by guru
    The full-screen HD(720p) quality is simply outstanding
    It is indeed great. Unfortunatley, feed buffers alot which is annoying.
    I have a pc permanently connected to my flat screen via DVI and being able to watch the meet online in HD was fantastic. Also, I had no buffering problems at all, but then again I presume that would depend on your ISP.

I do hope that there is more coverage like this available in the future, and I'd be very willing to pay for it. The picture quality was outstanding.
    Regards,
    toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ
      Hot record action in the Men's 5000:

Men's 5,000-meter Run
      Finals
      1 Lagat, Bernard Nike 13:07.15 AR
      2 Lalang, Lawi Arizona 13:08.28 CR
      3 Sambu, Stephen Arizona 13:13.74 CR
      4 Korir, Leonard Iona College 13:19.54
      5 Derrick, Chris Stanford 13:19.58
      6 Baddeley, Andy New Balance 13:22.44
      7 Barrios, Juan Luis Nike 13:23.61
      8 Cheserek, Edward Newark, NJ 13:57.04 HSR

http://www.runnerspace.com/gprofile.php ... z1m8Tai300
      Derrick runs 13:19 in the first half of February and he is only the fourth collegian in the race (and the third from the Pac-12!)! Cheserek also gets the indoor HS record and runs close to what I think Derrick ran solo outdoors (one a warm if not hot evening, if I recall correctly) four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
        Originally posted by notorious
        The full-screen HD(720p) quality is simply outstanding
        It is indeed great. Unfortunatley, feed buffers alot which is annoying.
        I have a pc permanently connected to my flat screen via DVI and being able to watch the meet online in HD was fantastic. Also, I had no buffering problems at all, but then again I presume that would depend on your ISP.

I do hope that there is more coverage like this available in the future, and I'd be very willing to pay for it. The picture quality was outstanding.
        Practically all major track meets out of Jamaica were available live online last year and it will be the same this year. Some were free, others were subscription based. I was able to watch all of them. It would be nice if we could have this in the US. Also, in Jamaica, they get to watch all 14 DL meets , the OG/WC live unlike us here in the US.

Comment

who's got time to watch a silly track meet when Tiger & Lefty are duelling it out?!!! :mrgreen:

Comment

During the 500, Dwight Stones said that Lashawn is being coached by Loren Seagrave. Shades of Wariner-Hartgate?

Comment

As noted by mighty favog on his blog, USATF is not even acknowledging Lagat's 5K American Record at Millrose on it's website. An AMERICAN RECORD for crying out loud!

smdh...
              There are no strings on me

Comment

As noted by mighty favog on his blog, USATF is not even acknowledging Lagat's 5K American Record at Millrose on it's website. An AMERICAN RECORD for crying out loud!

smdh...
                He may be mighty, but he's not correct. Lagat's record was mentioned in USATF's story from Fayetteville Saturday night:

Rupp’s performance came near the end of the evening. In his first attempt at the distance, Rupp eyed Bernard Lagat’s 2-mile American mark of 8:10.07, set in 2011. Saturday night in Fayetteville, Rupp ran a well-paced race, striding behind pacemaker Craig Miller for nine laps. The final 1,400 meters were a solo effort, and a 28.86 last lap propelled Rupp to a record time of 8:09.72. (Lagat on Saturday broke Rupp's 5,000m American record, running 13:07.15 at the Millrose Games.)
                http://usatf.org/News/Camarena-Williams ... ers-t.aspx

Comment

A parenthetic line buried in the Tyson coverage. :roll:

It would seem to me that Millrose would merit a news page of it's own on the website of the national governing body of track & field - especially considering all of the stars that ESPN used in it's opening to the USATF Classic coverage, were in New York.

But then I know bandwidth can get expensive, so perhaps it was money issue that prohibited USATF from running a story...
                  There are no strings on me

Comment

Is there any way to watch a replay? I wasn't able to watch live, and even though I know most of the results, I'd still enjoy to watch it. I couldn't figure anything out from the website. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19
                      Is there any way to watch a replay? I wasn't able to watch live, and even though I know most of the results, I'd still enjoy to watch it. I couldn't figure anything out from the website. Thanks!
                      I know we normally don't post you tube video links here, but I would ask the moderators for an exception, as this link is surely not a copyright infringement-- it was posted on the site by the Armory itself.

At any rate, here's over 6 hours and 34 minutes of coverage from the Millrose Games. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYsxl3bOiHY

Comment

To clarify: we have ZERO problem with YouTube itself. What is not allowed is posting of links to copyrighted broadcasts that have been posted by pirates. This, as you note, is not a pirate, so link away.

Comment

and our wonderful friends at the Armory have now split it up so you can watch each event individually!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp

Comment

Working...
                          X