Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricardo ABAD the real Super(marathon)man...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo ABAD the real Super(marathon)man...

Litteraly shocked by his 500 marathons in 500 days....
    This is probably the most extraordinary running performance I have ever heard of.

Re: Ricardo ABAD the real Super(marathon)man...

79 ...never heard of him. Tell us about him.

Comment

What a load of shit. 500 races? Or whatever. We had some similar claim a few years ago.. :lol:

Comment

It was verified by Guinness. He has a 2:46 PR, so he's no slouch.

Comment

On Google you will see it is not a joke.

Comment

Ok, the guy runs 26 miles a day. That is nice, but like so what? That is about 182 miles a week. I can think of quite a few runners who were doing that back in the 70's and racing a hell of lot faster.

Hell, Walt Stack use to do a five mile bike ride, run 17 miles and swim out to Alcatraz every morning, starting at 3am, then he went to work as a hod carrier.

Comment

2:46 is about what I ran after taking up running again for four months after being a very mediocre high school runner (e.g., 7th JV senior year).

Anyone that can train that much and cannot run faster than he is running seems 'odd' to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                2:46 is about what I ran after taking up running again for four months after being a very mediocre high school runner (e.g., 7th JV senior year).

Anyone that can train that much and cannot run faster than he is running seems 'odd' to me.
                I had never heard of this guy but my first thought about his 2:46 PR is, if you know you are going to run another marathon tomorrow, you probably don't want to go all out.

Comment

No one goes all out everyday in training. But this guy's goal is to train so he can train some more. Which is nice, but so what?

Ted Corbitt was probably doing alot more than a marathon a day in his peak years when he held the 100 mile AR back in the 60's and he actually raced.

When I said this guy was full of shit, I thought he was claiming to run 500 marathon events in 500 days, which clearly is impossible.

Comment

Working...
                  X