Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Indoor PV (men/women)

Feeling good on Predictions:

I think US could come back strong with 3 World Medals out of this one!

I'm taking Walker and Suhr both for Silver. In the women's we may quite possibly take 2 medals due to the fact that World Ranked #2, #4, #5 (Murer, Feofanova, Rogowska) are out. Women's field is weaker except for Isinbayeva and Suhr battle which will take place on different level. Bronze medal is really open for grabs....I think. Reason being Bleasdale and Silva truly lack experience and are not as dominant. 7-8 girls could possibly take Bronze.

Men's field looks loaded! All the players are in. This will not be a two person show like the women's. Alot of people are jumping high here, and not just one time!!! But...I like Walker for a medal.

Re: World Indoor PV (men/women)

I almost agree with you but I have to take Walker for "GOLD". He is jumping well and I see a 6 meter jump coming VERY VERY soon.

Comment

the fields were announced on the iaaf website. no qualifying just finals since there are only 10 men and 15 women entered.

http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/06/37/9 ... nglish.pdf

Comment

I am still certain there will be qualifying for the women, but definitely not for men...

Comment

important to remember that indoors they only take 8 to the final, not 12. They probably won't do it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them make 10 jump in a Q-round.

Comment

I think Bleasdale will do just fine. She's had a lot of meets against the best I the world (minus Jenn) and has gained maturity and experience. She's been consistent at 470+. I love Mary but I don't think she's a medal contender yet. We'll see how Jenn does jumping two days in a row, hopefully her body holds up. If Isi, Jenn and Holly are on, it's going to be tough for anyone else to medal.

Walker is ready to jump 6 meters if he puts together a few good jumps in a row. But Lavillenie and Otto look like they could too! The men's competition has the potential to be very good, especially if they are straight finals.

Comment

Looks like Jenn might be pulling out? http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=23243

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                Looks like Jenn might be pulling out? http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=23243
                What an unlucky career the one of Jenn. She could probably have challenged Isi if she hadn't got injured every year. She was injured, then healthy and improved her pb by jumping 4.90, then se got injured again... what a shame! (and this happened many times).

Comment

I've seen photo evidence of Lacy in Istanbul! In case anyone had doubts

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                    Nine hours ago
                    http://www.facebook.com/jenn.suhr

Comment

9 hours ago what? That page opens for me with a picture and no verbiage

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        9 hours ago what? That page opens for me with a picture and no verbiage
                        I open it and see a post on her wall. Maybe you need to be signed in. Just go to the wall.

Comment

why does she have the wait till the last moment to annouce it. makes it hard for the replacement to get ready for an event like this halfway around the world.

Comment

as Becca noted above, Janson is in Istanbul already, so while her Facebook post may have been "late," it appears that her replacement knew in plenty of time.

Comment

I don't know exactly how much notice Lacy got, but it must have been at least several days ago. Istanbul is a long flight! After USAs there seemed to be a bit of question about Jenn, so I suspect this was not a shock to Lacy, and I assume that she was training for Worlds "just in case."

Comment

Working...
                              X