X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Indoor entry lists posted

Originally posted by bruce3404
    Originally posted by KevinM

As mentioned above, it's not personal. The Duck men underachieved this indoor all by themselves .
    Agreed, and losing Centro and Verzbicas certainly changed the game this season. It all came down to the recent meet at Notre Dame where Ohio State edged OR by .2 and wound up the #11 team.
    Just to be clear, I don't think a 9:31 DMR is remotely underachieving. I was (half) jokingly referring to the Ducks' overall 2011-2012 season thus far. Without looking, I am guessing this is the fastest non-qualifier in meet history by some margin (as would have been Princeton .04 back, and possibly a few of the 9:33 teams?). Not so long ago, 9:31 (albeit oversized) would have been top 10 or 15 in collegiate indoor history.

Comment

Re: NCAA Indoor entry lists posted

Originally posted by bruce3404

As mentioned above, it's not personal. The Duck men underachieved this indoor all by themselves .
      Agreed, and losing Centro and Verzbicas certainly changed the game this season. It all came down to the recent meet at Notre Dame where Ohio State edged OR by .2 and wound up the #11 team.
      Just to be clear, I don't think a 9:31 DMR is remotely underachieving. I was (half) jokingly referring to the Ducks' overall 2011-2012 season thus far. Without looking, I am guessing this is the fastest non-qualifier in meet history by some margin (as would have been Princeton .04 back, and possibly a few of the 9:33 teams?). Not so long ago, 9:31 (albeit oversized) would have been top 10 or 15 in collegiate indoor history.
      The men's season has been pretty grim, no doubt about it. I can't remember going to a Championship event where the men weren't a top 10 shoo-in. I believe there are only 3 competitors on the men's side this year. Hell, I just saw TWO Princeton guys down in the lobby; nothing against Princeton, but one would normally assume the Ducks would have 10X the number Princeton does. Bit of a rebuilding year, though there is some promise with Sam Crouser being healthy and a few other guys who will be eligible outdoors who have already used up indoor eligibility. At any rate, I don't take offense at reality.

Comment

Working...
      X