Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest Ennis try 100mH also in LONDON

Maybe she can one a medal,at least top 6,considering the deep of this event recently,although oly year can get better than 2011.

Re: Suggest Ennis try 100mH also in LONDON

Originally posted by nianchengyu
    Maybe she can one a medal,at least top 6,considering the deep of this event recently
    There's nothing wrong with the depth of women's 100mh! It took 12.47 to make the podium in Daegu.

But, since the hurdles start 2 days after the conclusion of the heptathlon in London, I see no problem with Ennis doing both. There's no chance at all of her getting a medal, and only a small chance of a final placing IMO, but there's no harm in trying.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

you just look at the top 3,how about top 8 in WC,how slow time needed for a final place.Ennis EVEN has a chance to make WC final,let alone considering her rapid improvement this winter.

Comment

you just look at the top 3,how about top 8 in WC,how slow time needed for a final place.
        That's because you said she could get a medal.
        Yes, it was possible to make the final with a 12.8, but the level in this event is usually better in Olympic years, and I doubt Ennis can set a PB over the hurdles after competing in the heptathlon.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I'm a fan of Ennis running the 100h but even I don't think she's medal material, yet. But, that's mostly because even with Pearson being Bolt-like compared to her competition the 100h may still be the most competitive event 1-8 in track and field today. Ennis, in my opinion, could be a sub-12.50 hurdler -she has more than enough speed- but when you're that close to gold in one event, you can't exactly start picking up another (the reverse of Michelle Perry, former heptathlete).

Comment

I think it would be a bit much to ask of her to come back after the heptathlon to run the 100mH. As great as last year was. it could have been much better if everyone had come to the table fit.

Pearson... in a league of her own.
            Harper... she could go 12.3x no doubt.
            Carruthers... is 12.4x material at least
            Porter.... also 12.4x material at least
            Lopes-Schliep.... she could go 12.3x if you ask me
            Lolo Jones.... Has the talent just not the luck
            Keli Wells.... Same as Lolo
            Foster-Hylton... 12.4x/12.5x if in shape
            Felicien... Same as Lolo

Then on the bubble are O'rourke, Nytra, Vukicevic, George, Urech...

Comment

I just used maybe,ok?like 2008,who would think harper can win,100H full of accident,USA only send 3,ok?if ennis can run 12.60s,obviously she can get top 6 ,even a medal.There are lots of time recovering for her,no problem at all.As for Delloreen Ennis-London,Brigitte Foster-Hylton?Perdita Felicien?get to 12.70 is difficult ,let alone 12.50s.Look at beijing oly,a high competitive year,12.64s can get a medal.SHOW her BEST,she can

Comment

I just used maybe,ok?like 2008,who would think harper can win,100H full of accident,USA only send 3,ok?if ennis can run 12.60s,obviously she can get top 6 ,even a medal.There are lots of time recovering for her,no problem at all.As for Delloreen Ennis-London,Brigitte Foster-Hylton?Perdita Felicien?get to 12.70 is difficult ,let alone 12.50s.Look at beijing oly,a high competitive year,12.64s can get a medal.SHOW her BEST,she can
                I don't doubt she can be a force in the 100mH and even medal. I just doubt she can do it after the Heptathlon. She could definitely be a medalist and a finalist with a great amount of focus in the event.

Comment

Working...
                X