http://www.facebook.com/SportsMax

http://www.facebook.com/CEENTV

www.livestream.com/champsonsportsmax

Comment

Re: Sportsmax to stream live coverage of Champs from Kingsto

Originally posted by notorious

Don't watch the meet then.
      :lol: :lol:

Would it be permitted to watch the meet, enjoy the meet, and yet still believe that the meet is not well rounded enough to be considered the best HS meet in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra5

Don't watch the meet then.
        :lol: :lol:

Would it be permitted to watch the meet, enjoy the meet, and yet still believe that the meet is not well rounded enough to be considered the best HS meet in the world?
        Well, after watching the meet, if you can tell me of another HS meet that is more exciting, I will ban myself from this site

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          Champs is the best HS track and field meet worldwide.
          Really? It has good races (great ones) for distances that take less than a minute. However, the is a relatively small portion of a track meet. .... I noted on the thread with the HJ kid that Jamaicans seem to be steadily branching out, but how branched out has it gotten?
          notorious, I set this here for you to try to hit out of the park if you could bring in some moderate number of other events with some quality athletes. However, if there is indeed a dearth of same, then this meet does not compare well with the Penn Relays because there are a ton of quality events up and down the list of events. It is definitely true that the Jamaicans make a major contribution to this meet both on the track and, importantly, in the stands. The Penn Relays case is actually a bit more complex than that, however, because you have the college scene and now the top athletes in the early-season challengers. This makes it a much better meet but that part is not high school, so it depends on how you want to break things up. [Again, if you can add info on the stars beyond 60 seconds please do so, because we want to hear about them and we do not get much chance.]

By the way, it is not negativity; rather you asserted
          Champs is the best HS track and field meet worldwide.
          and so I raised the question of depth in the sense of events, as opposed to quality at the top (and enthusiasm of the crowd, which I did not denigrate and which I do think is both admirable and worthy of note and consideration when assessing meet greatness).

Comment

Again, if you can find me another more exciting purely HS track and field meet anywhere in the world meet with daily attendance of 30,000+ people, national and worldwide internet TV audience then, we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortis4Eva
              Originally posted by t_monk
              Wolmer's Boys fi Champs mi seh!

AGE QUOD AGIS!!!!

(just have to plug that in just in case there was any doubt which school I am supporting and which high school I went to... lol)
              I just have to post for you to know mines
              Fortis Cadere Cedere Non Potest!!!!!

No kidding, would have never thought of it. :lol:

AGE QUOD AGIS

Comment

Working...
              X