Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going on with Jacko Gill?

Have heard nothing in our news outlets or Kiwi papers. Hopefully, he is in hard training, is uninjured and building up for the Olympics. I don't think he will medal in 2012, but I would really like to see him hit 67+ in the games.

Re: Whats going on with Jacko Gill?

The NZ Athletics Champs and Olympic Trials are being held 23 - 25 March at Waitakere Trusts Stadium in Auckland.

M20 (Junior Mens) Shot is Saturday afternoon. Jacko and Tom Walh are both entered.

Senior Mens Shot is Sunday afternoon. Jacko is not entered as yet. Tom Walsh is entered.

M20 (Junior Mens) Discus is Sunday morning. Jacko is entered as is Tom Walsh.

Walsh is also entered in the senior mens discus

Comment

Did I read somewhere that Jacko is too young under New Zealand rules to compete in their senior champs?

Comment

Originally posted by dec7000
        Did I read somewhere that Jacko is too young under New Zealand rules to compete in their senior champs?
        This is correct. The idiots at the NZAAA decided that the IAAF rules weren't strict enough. So even though Jacko can compete as a senior in the Olympics, can compete in a local non championship meet and smash the NZ senior record, the NZAAA board decided that Jacko must be protected from th risk of injuring himself at what is for Jacko the meaningless NZ national championships.

Under publc pressure the NZAAA announced they would grant Jacko an exeption and allow him to compete. I do not know why Jacko hasn't taken up their "invitation by exception" to enter the senior mens shot. Personally I hope he has not entered as a matter of principle.

I understand he is oping to beat Storl's world junior record in the 6kg this weekend.

Comment

Well it is 11:30am in Auckland. Weather was sunny and cloudy earlier this morning. It is now just cloudy and very windy.

Will the weather hold up - that is - will New Zealand's infernal rain stay away for 3 more hours. Mens under 20 shot starts at 1:45pm. I will be there and hopefully this techo challenged somersaulter will keep you posted with my new smart phone during the event. Hoping to see the 6kg out past 23 metres.

I am at the gym now getting ready to do my 90kg bench press. Not too bad for an overweightex-skinny log jumper.

Comment

Thanks Tuariki, I will stay awake to refresh this thread for your updates. Fingers crossed for Storls record to go down.

Comment

7 minutes to start. Sun is out. Not too hot. Perfect conditions. Jacko warming at approx 22m. Looked relaxed

Comment

Round 1. 21.61

Comment

R2. 22.30

Comment

R3. F. About 21.90

Comment

R4. 21.77.

Comment

It looks like it's not going to happen. Still, 22.30 is great.

Comment

R5. 21.73

Comment

R6. 21.99

Comment

That's still a great series, Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                              X