replied
    Re: Moskva 2013 schedule released

1995 was abnormally warm...

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied

Originally posted by pakillo
    2pm marathon start shouldn't be a problem in Moscow. As far as I remeber it was similar in Helsinki 2005 and Gothenburg European 2006. But afteroon marathon in Athens 2004 WAS a problem.
    But Gothenburg 1995 was a roaster!

Leave a comment:

• pakillo
    replied

2pm marathon start shouldn't be a problem in Moscow. As far as I remeber it was similar in Helsinki 2005 and Gothenburg European 2006. But afteroon marathon in Athens 2004 WAS a problem.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied

moscow is 11 hrs ahead of pacific time. no 3 am starts like in daagu and osaka. those schedules were the worst !

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

I am not sure of the dates, but there is a substantial variation across sources in calculating normals, almost all of which are likely biased low. 2010 is the hottest year on record and three of the monthly records are now from that (most recent year), while another four are since 2007, and this is in a record stretching back close to 200 years. However, even the recent levels are below what I had feared.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Originally posted by 26mi235
    2pm marathon start? Hits the hottest time of day with the sun almost at its highest. Is this the worst schedule for a marathon in the last half century?
    According to one weather info source, the average high temperature, at the time of the championships, is around 70F (21C).

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/Displ ... normals=on

If that's the case, the conditions will probably be much better for marathoners than those we've had at many recent World Championships.

Leave a comment:

• gennady
    replied

GMT+4

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

2pm marathon start? Hits the hottest time of day with the sun almost at its highest. Is this the worst schedule for a marathon in the last half century? Note that LA has a westerly cooling breeze that made the timing there easier than Moscow has, and it was later in the day. Where is Moscow relative to the timezone?

Leave a comment:

• pakillo
    replied

Happy to see we don't have evening sessions limited to 3 hours max and happy to see that morning session on day 5, if not 9 evening sessions. Daegu timetable was worst ever!!! Closing 4x100 relay stays thorn in my side

English--> http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/06/43/6 ... nglish.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    started a topic Moskva 2013 schedule released

Moskva 2013 schedule released

http://www.rusathletics.com/sor/calendar.2080.htm

That's in Russian. I also downloaded a .pdf in English, but I can't remember where I found it.

highlights
    -------------
    Deca is 1st and 2nd days
    W MAR is at 14:00 on first day, 3 hours before W SC heats. Sounds like it won't finish in stadium.
    The schedule also shows the medal ceremonies!
    The Opening Ceremony is AFTER the first evening's events, so we can leave!!
    M 20K walk is at 17:00 on first Sunday. (Usually they hold marathons and walks in morning.)
    10 Ks are on first two evenings, men's 100m Sunday eve. 21:50
    HEP is days 3 and 4.
    W 100 final is Monday, 21:50.
    W walk is 9:35 TUE
    Morning, but no evening session on Wednesday, 50K walk at 8:30, also W 5K heats, M 1500 heats
    Six finals THU evening, ending with W 1500
    Six finals FRI evening, ending with M 4X4.
    No morning sessions last weekend.
    Seven finals SAT evening, ending with M 200. M MAR at 15:30, first track event at 18:20. W 4X4.
    Six finals last evening, ending with W and M 4X1s, then three medal ceremonies and Closing Ceremony. We will be outside drinking beer!

W 200/400 double is definitely doable:

400 r1 18:05 day 1
    400 sf 20:05 day 2
    400 F 21:15 day 3 then nothing on days 4 and 5
    200 r1 10:55 day 6
    200 sf 18:45 day 6
    200 F 21:15 day 7
    assume this athlete does not run heats in 4X4
    4X4 F 19:45 day 8
    4X1 sf 16:50 day 9
    4X1 F 18:10 day 9 (assumes they qualify, of course)

This may be getting ahead of ourselves. >:-)

I haven't found anything on tickets or housing yet, nor a LOC Website.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA
Working...
X