X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bman
    replied
    Re: All you 400 m dash sprinters!

Go to elitetrack.com. There is lots of information there as well as forums, I would suggest taping a race and uploading it there for a critique of your technique.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• rainy.here
    replied

You might also get good responses on charliefrancis.com/community. It's a forum filled mostly with sprint coaches, some of whom are world class coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by Irun_toofast
    theres not much you can get done in 21 days,
    Nonsense. There's 3 weeks till the START of the season, but MANY weeks till it ends.

Do what the coach says. The simplest advice is to run repeat 200s and 300s twice a week and repeat 600s at least once a week, but not overdo it. You'll need to be able to run the first 200 in around 30 and the the last 200 in about 32, which sounds like a very stiff order now, but with proper training it IS possible this season.

There's a guy named 'guru' here who is a whiz at churning out great HS 400 runners. You should PM him.

Leave a comment:

• Irun_toofast
    replied

I really hope youre a female. Either way theres not much you can get done in 21 days,

Leave a comment:

• Keezer2012
    started a topic All you 400 m dash sprinters!

All you 400 m dash sprinters!

Hey there! I am a senior in HS and have this goal of finally getting my school's 400 m dash record. The record is 1:03 and last year I was running 1:06 at the end of the season. I ran all summer, and did p90x in the winter. My legs, arms, and abs are strong and ready but I have been struggling getting my lungs and heart to do the work necessary to keep me going. I have 21 days until my first meet, practice just started last week and I have been doing a lot of running and eating the right foods. What should my practice schedule look like in these 21 days? I'm definitely up for doing extra work after what my coach has assigned if need be. I'm also in the 2-mile relay, 800 m relay, 1600 m relay, and 400 open. My 200 time is at a 29 seconds this year, last year it was only at 30 seconds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Working...
X