• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 3QD;_ylv=3

Re: wow

Can i just say:

1) I really really really hate thread titles like 'wow' which do not explain the subject of the thread
    2) I really really really hate posts which just contain a link to somewhere else, and do not contain any information about the subject of the thread

</rant>

Comment

The rule makes all the sense in the world. If you didnt have it you'd have kids, primarily football and basketball, moving in with "family friends" for athletic reasons all over the place.

I guess I dont understand, from a developmental standpoint, why a kid, no matter how good they are, would want to graduate early to compete at the collegiate level when they are for all intents and purposes still a high schooler. His outdoor PR - 24' 10 1/2", would have gotten him 17th at last years outdoor NCAA meet.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

I assume his outdoor PR is from last season as a sophomore? Finishing 17th at NCAAs is good for a senior in college.. And he jumped 25 foot 7 and 3/4 this winter, so that would be more indicative of his present shape, wouldn't it? That would put him at 12th and make him an All-American.

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott
          ... he jumped 25 foot 7 and 3/4 this winter, so that would be more indicative of his present shape, wouldn't it? That would put him at 12th and make him an All-American.

But again, my point is why waste a year of eligibility when making top 8 might be considered a good result, instead of 4 years later when presumably he'd be competing for an NCAA championship. Now maybe he's a football guy(like Robert Griffin), and that's part of the early enrollment equation. But if not it makes no sense unless you're going to be competing at an NCAA champion level as a HS senior.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Good for him.

Its only High School. A short period in his life, a minor disappointment that he using to his advantage. He already has the distance to get into any college, he needs to get the grades to get into the one he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              Originally posted by JumboElliott
              ... he jumped 25 foot 7 and 3/4 this winter, so that would be more indicative of his present shape, wouldn't it? That would put him at 12th and make him an All-American.

But again, my point is why waste a year of eligibility when making top 8 might be considered a good result, instead of 4 years later when presumably he'd be competing for an NCAA championship. Now maybe he's a football guy(like Robert Griffin), and that's part of the early enrollment equation. But if not it makes no sense unless you're going to be competing at an NCAA champion level as a HS senior.
              Often, early enrollment in football is to come the spring semester so that they get Spring Ball. As for someone at the top of the high school heap, and not that far down the US heap, he might be looking at no more than four years from now before he anticipates being at the pro level. Besides, high school studs tend to think that they are invincible and are so used to being much better than others that they probably over-rate themselves. I would say the 25 7+ is pretty good for high school juniors. In addition, is he an old or young junior (if he is already 17.5, then he will be older getting to college than Hasay was after four years of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                Often, early enrollment in football is to come the spring semester so that they get Spring Ball. As for someone at the top of the high school heap, and not that far down the US heap, he might be looking at no more than four years from now before he anticipates being at the pro level. Besides, high school studs tend to think that they are invincible and are so used to being much better than others that they probably over-rate themselves. I would say the 25 7+ is pretty good for high school juniors. In addition, is he an old or young junior (if he is already 17.5, then he will be older getting to college than Hasay was after four years of high school.
                Born Oct 9 '93, so already 18.

Comment

Working...
                X