X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British stiff upper lip

from the UK - excerpt from the Athletics Weekly site

Would we miss the Americans?

"WITH exactly 100 days to go before the opening of the Olympic Games, bombs exploded in Athens sending visceral shivers of apprehension through the members of the International Olympic Committee. Memories are being painfully aroused of Munich in 1972 when the Black September terrorist group broke into the Olympic Village and held hostage and then killed members of the Israeli team. It may be those memories that prompted Mark Spitz, winner of seven Olympic swimming gold medals at those same Games, to speculate that the USA may not be in Athens because of the terrorist threat. The fact is that though it would be sad if an American team did not compete, it certainly would not be calamitous."

Good show, blokes.

They are something else

Nah, not having the USA in the meet wouldn't hurt at all. Riiight!

Comment

Re: British stiff upper lip

1ST OFF,YES SPITZ WAS GREAT/HE HAS NO PLACE TELLING ANYONE TO GIVE UP THERE LIFES WORK FOR FEAR.ITS REAL,BUT THATS LIFE.
      JIMMY CARTER&HIS BUNCH ROBBED THOUSANDS OF THERE DREAMS FOR ANOTHER CIA WAR.&LIES.
      NO,SPITZ/HE NEEDS TO DO A HELL OF ALOT MORE THAN CRAWL OUT OF HIS CLOSET,ONLY TO PROTEST.I THINK ITS TIME TO CALL FOR ALL AMERICAN ATHLETES TO GET READY&SIGN THE CHARTER TO COMPETE AS A SEPERATE GROUP IF ONE IS CALLED.NO,BUSH CAN KISS HIS ELECTION GOOD-BYE IF HE DOES.

SORRY GUYS SOMEONE HAS TO SPEAK UP,SPITZ GO BACK TO YOUR CLOSET.

Comment

>1ST OFF,...

Easy on the caps. I might agree with part of what you are saying but it is extremely difficult to tell.

Comment

Even if it wuz caps and lower case and there were spaces between puncuation marks and wods I am not sure it would be readable.

Comment

Working...
          X