X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay - out of 200m

Story on Front page
    http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfie ... ot-us-team

Says he isn't healthy enough to go for the double, and may not even race before trials.
    I think it is very smart for him to make that decision. I would much rather see him in the 200 only, but I would love to see Tyson get an Olympic medal and the 100m is his bet bet to get that with no serious problems.

Re: Tyson Gay - out of 200m

I agree, taking into account the injuries that have troubled him, it is probably best to aim for the most coveted prize, the olympic 100m title. Though considering the stiff opposition maybe he should try to qualify for the 200m as an insurance. On the day he might not medal in both events such is the quality but at the same time he is also one of only a handful i.e bolt, blake and dix who can realistically medal in both events.

It is a shame as a fully fit gay could go under 19.4 IMO.

Comment

He hasn't even trained on a track yet. I wonder if he can get into any shape at all.

Comment

I hope u guys can now stop talking trash abt Gay beating bolt. He probably won't medal in the 100m. Heck he might repeat 2008 and go home with no medals. Bolt and Blake will dominate the 100m & 200m in London.

Comment

The article certain didnt paint a rosy picture of Tyson's current health. The fact that he had to postpone his off season training twice AND he's not even started track yet work yet, due to "nagging injuries" is certainly problematic. However, we're talking about a guy who can run 9.7 on essentially one leg, so if he shows up at trials and make it to the finals I expect fireworks.

Comment

Damn this sucks. He has more in him than 19.58, but I'd rather see him healthy and at his best than hampered with injuries and struggling to do the double. Now that he is focusing only on the 100 I think he can get close to his PR in London, which is good since I personally don't think any sprinter is running faster than 9.7 in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by eDJon20
              Damn this sucks. He has more in him than 19.58, but I'd rather see him healthy and at his best than hampered with injuries and struggling to do the double. Now that he is focusing only on the 100 I think he can get close to his PR in London, which is good since I personally don't think any sprinter is running faster than 9.7 in the final.
              Can u please stop daydreaming. That final in London will be 9.6 or less even if there is a headwind. Tyson will not run near his PR. Don't u see that he will not be race sharp for London. U guys keep talking abt him running 9.7 on one leg. That's bs. He pissed me off in Berlin talking abt he know he can run that fast as Bolt in 9.58. He is a sore loser. Tyson CANNOT run in the 9.5's. This is worst than u guys think. He will not medal in London unless it's in the relays (and we know wat happens the last 2 championships.

Comment

Well, he has not lost to Bolt in a long time and he did win the last contest...

Comment

I'd be surprised if Gay is in the Olympic final and if he does make it his only chance of getting a medal will be if something crazy happens like '11 World champs
                  A..K.A Trackshark's Roman

Comment

Originally posted by MDelano
                    He hasn't even trained on a track yet. I wonder if he can get into any shape at all.
                    I'm thinking the same thing. I certainly hope he can return to his peak condition, but that may just not happen this year. Tempus fugit.

Comment

Working...
                    X