Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track's 100 Greatest Battles Of The 20th Century

I don't know who noticed last week that there was an item in the Day's Best Reading section of the front page mentioning Jeff Hollobaugh's new book "Track's 100 Greatest Battles Of The 20th Century". I ordered it from Amazon and I don't hesitate to recommend it. It's not a long book--the meat of it is 100 pages, one for each of the events selected as one of the greatest battles. It's a fun read.

PS - I actually witnessed 57 of them live, in the stadium.

Re: Track's 100 Greatest Battles Of The 20th Century

good to hear,

I'm expecting a copy in Denmark anytime.

P.S. it would be a great thing if there were a video enclosed with the duels (of course that could bring a great difficulty getting the copyrights )

Comment

Originally posted by paw
      good to hear,

I'm expecting a copy in Denmark anytime.

P.S. it would be a great thing if there were a video enclosed with the duels (of course that could bring a great difficulty getting the copyrights )
      I don't have time to look, but I wonder how many of them could be found (at least in part) on YouTube. Probably some. Put there legally? That's another question.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        I wonder how many of them could be found (at least in part) on YouTube. Probably some. Put there legally? That's another question.
        I keep wondering why Youtube isn't under a constant barrage of law-suits by people hoping for a quick settlement. If a web-site openly allowed thieves to offer stolen goods for sale (the analogy holds because Youtube is offering videos for view that could have otherwise be seen for a 'profit' (in most cases having to look at ads on the 'official site)), that would attract all sorts of attention. Piracy is piracy - intellectual, artistic or materiale.

Comment

I too am looking forward to receiving my Amazonian copy. Jeff did a book back in '96 entitled "100 Stars of Track and Field" which was an excellent read, and he's done various things on the web (100 greatest competitions) which were as good. He's also produced a series of very good Michigan HS Annuals, which are clearly a labour of love. I hope he sells a lot of copies of this latest book.

Comment

Can you buy a hard copy ? i could only find some newfangled download thing that i obviously don't understand
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

According to the Amazon site, there is a used one available for the low price of $999.99. I may have to jump on that.

Comment

Did they list them in order? I gotta think Evans-McGready indoor 600's (3 laps of Hell) had to be in there?
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                  Did they list them in order? I gotta think Evans-McGready indoor 600's (3 laps of Hell) had to be in there?
                  They did. It is.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                    Can you buy a hard copy ? i could only find some newfangled download thing that i obviously don't understand
                    You can buy a hard copy (as I did) from Amazon US. I'm not sure about Amazon UK, and in any event, if you ordered it from Amazon US, I assume there would be a signifcant shipping charge (as there is on those rare occasions when I order from Amazon UK, which I obviously do only for a book that's not available on Amazon US).

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      They did. It is.
                      If you dont tell me the number in the next 5 min.s I am going to tell preston!
                      phsstt!

Comment

shouldnt this also appear in the history forum... just sayn.

Comment

Coe-Ovett
                          Ryun-Kip
                          phsstt!

Comment

It is only 10 dollars. And that is with free shipping. Stay away from the used one though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

Comment

Excuse the bias but my favorite Hicham v Kip (Lagat); still replay that last 100 in Athens 04 in my sleep. Is that one in the book?

Comment

Working...
                              X