Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!!! I am going to Götzis

As a lifelong decathlon fan, it has always been my dream to go to Gotzis. I will be flying from Calgary to Zurich and taking the train to Gotzis.
    I realize nobody on this board knows me personally and nobody cares about my trip, but I am very excited and had to share this with people who can appreciate my excitement!

Re: Yes!!! I am going to Götzis

Awesome!!!!!!
    Wish I could go. Have a great time!!

Comment

And miss the Flames winning the Cup? What kind of Canadian are you?!

Comment

You'll find the train ride from Zürich to Götzis most enjoyable.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>>Gotzis.
          I
          >realize nobody on this board knows me personally and nobody cares about my
          >trip, but I am very excited and had to share this with people who can
          >appreciate my excitement!>>

Au contraire, mon frere! I'd like to think that everybody on this Board cares mightily. After all, the purpose of this little corner of the electron-wasteland is devoted solely to living vicariously though the feats of others.

Re Pego's comment about the train: from Z to G is good, but that only puts you on the Swiss/Austrian border. It's worth it to take the Arlberg Express the rest of the way to Innsbruck; one of the world's great train rains for me. Can we have a thread on trains?

Comment

Let us know what you think! The meet, that is. Oh heck, the train trip too!

Comment

One suggestion, take a seat with a back. None such at the field. Very small stands, lots of grassy knolls. Without a car, you will have a bit of a walk to the field, its kinda out in the boonies. But Gotzis is a small town, and the walk should be only a couple km.

Comment

>And miss the Flames winning the Cup? What kind of Canadian are you?!

I'm beginning to think that, relative to population size, the canucks have the biggest presence on this board.

Comment

Thank you all very much for your good wishes and advice. I will give you a report as soon as I get back or maybe even from Europe if I can manage.

I do feel guilty about abandoning my Flames, but I will wear the flaming C in Gotzis and support the team in spirit.

Comment

Enjoy the trip NOONE

Comment

Enjoy, you will LOVE it. Also, remember to load up on Wienerschnitzel.

Comment

Working...
                      X