Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMSO

Does anyone know anything about using DMSO to treat tendonitis?

Re: DMSO

not me

Comment

For all the discussion you can handle check out http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ . One thing to remember about the achilles tendon- it and cortizone are not friends.

Comment

>For all the discussion you can handle check out
        >http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
        >du/ . One thing to remember about the achilles
        >tendon- it and cortizone are not friends.

I meant- For all the discussion on DMSO pros and cons...

Comment

I hadn't used it until a few weeks ago. Had inflammation around the knee/hamstring that came without warning, and I couldn't straighten my leg. Ice/ibuprofen did little to the swelling for 3 days. I bought liquid DMSO and applied it that night. The next morning it was much better, and I could bike and run a bit. The next day I was totally better, and no subsequent swelling.
          You have to clean it completely, with something like Hibiclens preferably. Can be expensive, but worth it I think.

Comment

IRe: DMSO

I have used it alot..no problems

Comment

Re: IRe: DMSO

How did/do you use it? If you apply it before you run, do you just wait for it to dry up, or do you let it sit for 30min and then rinse your leg off before putting on socks( assuming it's an achilles injury)?

Comment

very big in the 60`s and early 70`s...with out going to detail ( I`m a college sprint/hurdle coach) stay away from it. Trust me

Comment

Working...
                X