Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nelson, Hoffa, Jeter open well

Originally posted by preston
    ... Maybe the 100h is like the discus of the track; you get better with experience.

Yes, but (what experience?):
    She hasn't run a 100H in forever and to go under 13. The women's 100H's is just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
      Originally posted by preston
      ... Maybe the 100h is like the discus of the track; you get better with experience.

Yes, but (what experience?):
      She hasn't run a 100H in forever and to go under 13. The women's 100H's is just crazy.
      Experience being Olympic Champion and having run 100h until she was nearly 32 years old. Experience is that 100h'ers run more races per year than any other track racers. Experience being that the last year that IAAF has results for her in 2008, 4 years after being Olympic Champion, she ran 12.63 for a SB and finished 7th in the Athletics Final.

Obviously she could have continued and if she had citizenship in nearly any other country she probably would have. She ran 8.34 indoors, which isn't necessarily indicative of sub-13, however...experience...allows her to do what a similar athletes body is just not prepared to do, so she can make bigger gains faster as she gets her body in shape because through experience...she's been there before.

Also, I used "experience" because I didn't want to use "age"; I didn't want to imply a degredation of abilities at a certain year/date when in the discus and 100h the athletes seem to have a much deeper competitive curve relative to athletes in other events.

Comment

Actually, I was highlighting the experience thing if she had not been running it since 'forever' and I do not remember her performance history in enough detail to know if it has been two years or five years. I should have indicated that I was looking for explanation rather than questioning the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
          Actually, I was highlighting the experience thing if she had not been running it since 'forever' and I do not remember her performance history in enough detail to know if it has been two years or five years. I should have indicated that I was looking for explanation rather than questioning the statement.
          I only used forever because the IAAF listed her last 100h race in 2008. She could have had a race in there that was not recorded to the IAAF but I don't think so. So what happens to the commentating career now? guess it's on hold or could add to the excitement. Either way I love seeing her race. Still like her better in the long hair days.

Comment

Slightly windy(2.5), but Hayes 12.72 at Mt SAC today

http://www.flashwest.com/12Meets/12MtSa ... 19F231.htm
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
            X