Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Blake will run in weak meetings like Edmonton or Cayman?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Blake will run in weak meetings like Edmonton or Cayman?

I dont understand why great Yohan Blake,one of the best runners 100 and 200 in the world,will run in very weak meetings in Edmonton(16 june) or Cayman(9 may).

Probably are "slow" track race and he "only" will can to get sub10, not excellent times and his rivals would be almost sure "normal" runners 10 low or 9.9x runners.

Why he does not run in diamond against best runners, it is hard to imagine.
    Only looks that he will run in NY DL like big race before OG.
    ......... :|

Re: Why Blake will run in weak meetings like Edmonton or Cay

You would run there, too, if they offered you the sums they are paying him to compete there.

Comment

But Ned ,blake has wonderful times in 100 and 200, world champion in 100, im sure that in DL would play same or more to Blake.

I think that it is idea of Mills for have less pression in the races for Blake, but i dont understand it, for me he should to compete against best runners in DL, i dont think that the problem is the MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
        I dont understand why great Yohan Blake,one of the best runners 100 and 200 in the world,will run in very weak meetings in Edmonton(16 june) or Cayman(9 may).

Probably are "slow" track race and he "only" will can to get sub10, not excellent times and his rivals would be almost sure "normal" runners 10 low or 9.9x runners.

Why he does not run in diamond against best runners, it is hard to imagine.
        Only looks that he will run in NY DL like big race before OG.
        ......... :|
        One possibility is that his coach does not want his training to be interrupted by having to travel to Europe or beyond. Travel and jet lag can take a lot out of you. Edmonton is not exactly next door, but it's only one time zone away from Jamaica. Ditto New York. Cayman is in the same time zone. He'll have to deal with jet lag when he goes to Europe for the Games, but he may not want to do that before then.

Comment

There's also the financial side of things.

Once you start reaching the upper end of the pay scale, one thing you don't want to do is sell yourself cheap, so if you need a race, rather than going to some place that would pay you an embarrassing low amount (in effect "debasing your product") you instead run at a place where you probably get little more than a plane ticket and a hotel room.

You do it "for the good of the sport."

(and in so doing, you also don't run the risk of being beaten by anybody else, given the lower quality of the competition, which can be harmful to your Ranking)

Comment

Blake said this week that his coach has said the he(Blake) will race sparingly before London.

Also, this coach has said that don't expect Bolt and Blake to race each other other than the Jamaica Trials and in London.

The coach wants to keep Bolt and the Beast(Blake) apart as much as possible. Benefits both athletes.

Bolt will race alot on the DL circuit. Don't expect Blake to be in those races. DL hosts will have to probably do what they did in Brussels last year whereby you had both a 100(non DL race won by Bolt) and 200m(DL race) won by Blake.

Comment

tandfman,training,travel to Europe, jet lag?
              I think that Bolt is not in Star TREK hehe, so he needs to take an airplane,when he arrives there he has jetlag, he is training with Blake too(not always together of course),so which is the difference┬┐?

Both are great runners in 100 and 200, they are training with same coach, soi dont understand why Bolt go big meetings and Blake go to weak meetings...

Comment

notorius i know that mills doest not want that they run same race, but when bolt make 100, blake can make 200 and when bolt make 200(monaco by example)blake 100.
                So what happen???

Comment

notorius i know that mills doest not want that they run same race, but when bolt make 100, blake can make 200 and when bolt make 200(monaco by example)blake 100.
                  So what happen???
                  Honestly, how can a question like this be answered. The only person that can answer this question is Glen Mills. Blake said he won't be on the diamond league circuit (apart from NY of course) b4 London. It doesn't make sense to me either, but Blake said Mills is an unpredictable fellow meaning he is hard to understand.

Comment

So what happen???
                    Very few meets can afford to have Bolt and Blake both at this time. After they pay Bolt, there's not enough money left to pay Blake's going rate. So why should he show up and race at a bargain-basement price?

That's the way the game has always been played.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      So what happen???
                      Very few meets can afford to have Bolt and Blake both at this time. After they pay Bolt, there's not enough money left to pay Blake's going rate. So why should he show up and race at a bargain-basement price?

That's the way the game has always been played.
                      Unfortunately.

Comment

But they have money for Powell and not for Blake?i dont think that rates for Blake are highter that Powell now really ...

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

The coach wants to keep Bolt and the Beast(Blake) apart as much as possible. Benefits both athletes.
                          Wait.. Wasn't the narrative last year that Blake and Bolt made each other better by being together? Which one is it?

Comment

But they have money for Powell and not for Blake?i dont think that rates for Blake are highter that Powell now really ...
                            Did you forget that Blake is the current 100m world champion and Powell is not...

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                              Did you forget that Blake is the current 100m world champion and Powell is not...
                              Ppl didn't you hear Blake said his coach will not race him alot b4 the Olympics, and that he will not be on the diamond league circuit (apart from NY)? We don't know the reason y his coach is doing this. We could speculate all we want. I thought he would race in alternate diamond leagues to Bolt, but this is not the case. In my opinion this can't be about money.

Comment

Working...
                              X