Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Blake will run in weak meetings like Edmonton or Cayman?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Blake will run in weak meetings like Edmonton or Cay

ATK i know perfectly that Blake is world champion 100m but the cache by meeting until last year for Powell i remember that was around 75.000 dollars and Blake i read in the media after win in 100m Daegu is now in 45.000 dollars(before was very very few).

So, i dont think that the problem is money.

Mills does not want that Blake run in DL usually, but why?it is very rare, mills prefers that Blake run in weak meetings like edmontn or cayman :|

Comment

I don't this for a fact, but based on my understanding of the sport, there is no way anybody would pay Powell $75K at this point in his career, and there is no way that Blake would settle for as little as $45K (in a DL setting).

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
        Originally posted by ZELLGADISS
        But they have money for Powell and not for Blake?i dont think that rates for Blake are highter that Powell now really ...
        Did you forget that Blake is the current 100m world champion and Powell is not...

I don’t believe that since Blake has just won a world championship, he is now commanding a higher appearance fee than Asafa. It does take time to build up your earnings and marketability.
        Asafa has been a regular fixture on the European circuit since 2005 and he is still very popular there. Unless we have an “insider’s knowledge”, it is pure speculation as to how much athletes make per meet.

Also, pay scales are not the same at every meet. Bolt reportedly commands US$250,000 per meet on the circuit. I would be surprised if he gets anything close to that when he runs at the Jamaica Invitational.

Comment

Yes notorius Bolt usually get 250.000-300.000 dollars by meeting, and Powell i remember perfectly until last year was around 75.000.
          Powell was recordman wordlwide and he has big fame yet, i imagine that his cache is around it in this moment.
          Blake yes, he got world championship, but he need win more races and more big times for get highter cache.

And i remember few weeks after win in Daegu that his cache grown until 45.000 dollars, no more,although perhaps in this moment could be a little highter

Comment

ZELLGADISS do you have a source of these appearance fee numbers you are coming up with for Blake and Powell?

Comment

And i remember few weeks after win in Daegu that his cache grown until 45.000 dollars, no more,although perhaps in this moment could be a little highter
              Blake's asking price didn't go up much in the meets right after Daegu for the simple reason that at that point in the season all the money is pretty much spent. Contracts for those meets are negotiated a long time in advance.

His asking price this year will easily be higher than that.

Comment

Yes, i have source, but by example for Blake i read the last year in spanish newspapers but i dont remember where they get his source, but it is true.
                http://www.marca.com/2011/09/02/atletis ... 49637.html
                45.000 dollars(around 35.000 euros)was in Berlin.(before was very very few his cache).

And for Powel i dont remember the source, but i remember from my memory that was Bolt 250.000-300.000, Gay 125.000 and Powell 75.000, in end 2010 or beginning 2011.

Bolt has same cache, perhaps Gay has a little less, but i dont think that a lot of less, and Powell getting 9.7 last year i imagine around same too.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Blake's asking price didn't go up much in the meets right after Daegu for the simple reason that at that point in the season all the money is pretty much spent. Contracts for those meets are negotiated a long time in advance.

His asking price this year will easily be higher than that.
                  I don't believe Blake will be making more money than Asafa on the circuit this year.

Powell is still a very popular draw.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious

I don't believe Blake will be making more money than Asafa on the circuit this year.

Powell is still a very popular draw.
                    I love Powell, but I can't believe he'll get more than Blake anymore, especially after Blake's championship, his 19.26 after a bad reaction, and his 9.90 already this year.

Comment

Yes, i have source, but by example for Blake i read the last year in spanish newspapers but i dont remember where they get his source, but it is true.
                      http://www.marca.com/2011/09/02/atletis ... 49637.html
                      45.000 dollars(around 35.000 euros)was in Berlin.(before was very very few his cache).

And for Powel i dont remember the source, but i remember from my memory that was Bolt 250.000-300.000, Gay 125.000 and Powell 75.000, in end 2010 or beginning 2011....
                      Whatever you read about last year has virtually no meaning relative to this year. It's very much a "what did you do for me lately?" kind of business.

Comment

Yes gh, end of 2011 were those numbers.
                        In this moment i dont know it, but i dont think that it is very different really...

Comment

When Blake ran 19.2 he secured the position in the sport that would normally be linked with his 100m title but which had an 'asterisk' due to Bolt's FS. Furthermore, prices after the WC where probably already fixed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by chuku69
                            Originally posted by ATK
                            But they have money for Powell and not for Blake?i dont think that rates for Blake are highter that Powell now really ...
                            Did you forget that Blake is the current 100m world champion and Powell is not...
                            Ppl didn't you hear Blake said his coach will not race him alot b4 the Olympics, and that he will not be on the diamond league circuit (apart from NY)? We don't know the reason y his coach is doing this. We could speculate all we want. I thought he would race in alternate diamond leagues to Bolt, but this is not the case. In my opinion this can't be about money.
                            I told u guys. It's not about money. There u have it from the coach himself stating the reason why Bolt is on the circuit while yohan is not. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X