• Show
Clear All

• penn relays ticket prices

well, it's getting wayyyyyyyyyy too pricy

thursday and friday, GENERAL ADMISSION..$24

then SATURDAY, the cheapest is $35,,,

who says the sport is dying..

my god, they'll sell 50k tickets for saturday over 100K for 3 days

it's not like penn needs the money, all the hedge fund alumni from the wharton school can donate to make the tickets free

Re: penn relays ticket prices

Originally posted by az2004
    well, it's getting wayyyyyyyyyy too pricy

thursday and friday, GENERAL ADMISSION..$24

then SATURDAY, the cheapest is $35,,,

who says the sport is dying..

my god, they'll sell 50k tickets for saturday over 100K for 3 days

it's not like penn needs the money, all the hedge fund alumni from the wharton school can donate to make the tickets free

I have two $45 finish line tickets for Penn Relays this year.

I spent $75 for a finish line ticket at the Addidas GP in New York last year.

Comment

saturday, i'm upper deck 3rd turn, i can see every piece of the track, with some binos of course

you're a sardine where you are..

i at last have room to move

AUBURN is coming and their 38.30 should be a thing to see

Comment

who says the sport is dying.....
        unfortunately, the health of the sport has zero to do with the Penn Relays, which is a raging success because it's a must-do social event, not a track meet.

Comment

If I may:

Originally posted by gh
          unfortunately, the health of the sport has zero to do with the Penn Relays, which is a raging success because it's a must-do social event, not MERELY a track meet.
          And, anyway, those ticket prices don't seem all that high to me. Compared to what?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            unfortunately, the health of the sport has zero to do with the Penn Relays, which is a raging success because it's a must-do social event, not a track meet.
            I agree with gh. My lone Penn Relays was as an official. It was, as advertised, a "carnival", one of the most unique, fun events I have ever attended but not to be confused with a track meet.

Comment

Well it is a track meet, but it's also an American/Philadelphia institution, which brings in the casual fans. Also, the Jamaicans help drive up ticket prices.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                It's actually both, particularly if you enjoy relay events. I consider myself a serious track fan, and I absolutely LOVE the Penn Relays. I participate in some of the social aspects (probably not as many as I would if I were Jamaican, which I'm not), but the competition itself is what turns me on. There's nothing quite like it.

Comment

My comment was not intended to be derogatory.

I love the Penn Relays too.. it is just the enormity of it..the scheduling.. 60 4x1s in an hour without using blocks.. the center rail..the congested field event venues..the crowd participation.. a little necessary "laxity" in conducting.. that set it apart from your run-of-the mill track/relay meet..

But, yep, it is a prestigous meet with spectacular performances and if it were logistically feasable, I would be there every year...as a spectator.

Comment

saturday, i'm upper deck 3rd turn, i can see every piece of the track, with some binos of course

you're a sardine where you are..

i at last have room to move

AUBURN is coming and their 38.30 should be a thing to see

Very happy sardine I might add
                    Nothing better than finish line tickets. I get to directly see the end of every relay plus I have cover from sun and rain.

Comment

Wouldn't miss Penn for anything. I get to see friends I haven't seen since last Penn Relays. I'm Jamaican. Need I say more.

Comment

Perhaps Penn offers a formula that the Pro Circuit can attempt to replicate. Who cares if the majority of people in the stands see it as a social event and are not 'true' track fans. They show up and they'll likely learn something about the sport or learn about a rising new star. I think it would be cool to try to do something like a Belmont Stakes for track and field at the pro level. BTW I've been to Penn a few times, I absolutely hate the venue, the stands and especially the track which looks like a distant after thought to the venue's main purpose. Still I go for the atmosphere.

Comment

i'd say those coming to penn KNOW their track

while there is a social aspect, these FOLKS get up and yell

the jamaicans support their flag, but at the HS level, each has their favorite HS, and better not lose to your jamaican HS foe

BOYS and GIRLS ran a 3:15 4X4 INDOORS...and started outdoors with a 3:17

WAKEFIELD NC, 4X4 indoorzs in 3:43, but lost a kid at arcadfia, but she may get heakthy??

ariah graham daughter of trevor graham is their big stud

trivia...english gardner of oregon went to WHAT hs, which also is the alma mater for WHO, an ALL TIME OLYMPIC GREAT

4 time GOLD medal winner in the LJ

yes, carl, and the HS is WILLINGBORO

Comment

I've been twice in the last couple years and had great fun each time (more fun when weather was good, but alot of fun nonetheless!!). Have also been to NY twice in last 3 years (same thing---fun but more fun when not rain). I understand that the reason NY is still going is the sponsor $$$ it attracts and the TV but seems like you could run a decent meet like that in the Washington DC area. We have the overall wealth, we have the Caribbean community, and we have the venues (George Mason or University of Maryland). Used to have the Indoors at Mason like that (saw Devers, JJK, Michael Johnson and others there in the 90s and LOVED IT).
                            Will be at both Penn and NY this year but wish I could stay home and see it also. Also occurs to me --why no international meet in Miami ?????

Comment

should be noted there's construction in front of the plaestra, which makes a crowded day even more crowded...

that's where the outdoor tennis courts used to be

Comment

Working...
                              X