• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Re: Walter Dix enters U.S. Olympic trials

>Right now I calculate Dix's seeding number at about 21<

Calculate again. There are at least 30 guys ahead of him. Of course they may not all run the Trials. But they could.

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    replied

I guess I didn't cover all the contingencies, but it would be pretty hard to imagine more than 30 people getting "A" times in the 200m, considering the U.S. "A" standard at 20.20 is far faster than the Olympic "A" at 20.59.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Just to clarify: no OT event is capped; if 122 guys made the A, they'd let them all run. Or if there were ties that made it 31, 32, 33... they'd all run.

Here's the list USATF page with desired field sizes:

http://www.usatf.org/events/2004/Olympi ... dSizes.asp

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    started a topic Walter Dix enters U.S. Olympic trials

Walter Dix enters U.S. Olympic trials

High school sprinter Walter Dix of Gainesville, Florida has entered the U.S. Olympic trials in the 200m race.

His PB in that event is currently 20.62, which is near the Olympic "A" standard of 20.59, but well above the U.S. "A" standard of 20.20.

His first goal will have to be securing a time sure to be among the top 30 in the event in order to be allowed to race. Right now I calculate Dix's seeding number at about 21, and that is sure to change between now and July 1st unless he can post a faster time.

All seeding results must come from the date window of 7/1/2003 to 7/1/2004, and the field size is limited to 30 entrants.

All qualifying marks must be between 1/1/2003 and 7/1/2004, but if an entrant's better mark is before 7/1/2003 it cannot be used for seeding purposes, but only for automatic (20.20) or provisional (20.65) qualifying times. Only F.A.T. times are accepted for distances below 800m.

Medalists in the Olympics or IAAF World Indoor or Outdoor Championships from the years 2000-2004 automatically qualify in the event, as does the winner of the 2003 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championship, Darvis Patton.
Working...
X