Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will womens only marathon record go sunday?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will womens only marathon record go sunday?

mary keitany, florence kiplagat and lucy kubuu have all stated they are looking for personal best's ejegeyahu ran 2:22 in her first race and looks to improve, aberu kebede, atsede baysa and koren jal all want sub 2:20 (bezunesh bekele has scratched), the weather forecast looks perfect high of 57 low of 39, i think this race will break dubai 2012 record of most sub 2:20 women in one race. i dont see anyone getting radcliffes real record of 2:15.25, but i think the women's only record of 2:17.42 is a possibility. last week tiki gelena ran 2:18.58 and the girls i mentioned are all the caliber of gelena and gelena had to do it by herself, the girls in london will have a group to work together.

Re: will womens only marathon record go sunday?

If they're chasing Paula's 'women only' record, they should all be forced to take a pit stop like she did en route.

Comment

Originally posted by John G
      If they're chasing Paula's 'women only' record, they should all be forced to take a pit stop like she did en route.
      I guess we should be glad that Paula didn't murder anyone along the way. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by preston
        If we look up 'gratuitous remark' in the dictionary, I'm sure we'd see that as an example.

Comment

New heights of silliness! That is like saying everyone who breaks the 10,000 WR should have to tumble to the ground like Viren.

Comment

I think my only concern would be how windy it is. Aren't they going over some of the actual Olympic course this year? I'm sure I read that somewhere. If they are then it's a different route. I still think 2:17:42 is a bit 'out there', but low 2:18 is a distinct possibility given that field.

Comment

Originally posted by preston
              :?: :?:

Comment

[quote=Conor Dary]
                Originally posted by "John G":1nvhwrj3
                New heights of silliness! That is like saying everyone who breaks the 10,000 WR should have to tumble to the ground like Viren.[/quote:1nvhwrj3]

Because of course I meant that seriously. :roll:

Comment

Plenty of this year's entries have the half marathon speed to go through comfortably in the 69 mins or so that would be needed. It'll be nice and cool. There's strength in depth and there is at least one natural front-runner to take it on after the pacemakers fall by the way-side. I agree with Ian - low 2:18 is a distinct possibility and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the record fell. However, unless they beat the time by at least 20 seconds, I won't consider it a better performance than Paula's. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                  X