Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin runs 20.11

After a couple hour rain delay, many of teams and athletes went home.

Re: VC opens her outdoor season at Tom Jones Invit. on 4/21

So that just makes Justin Gatlin's 20.11 all the more impressive..

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott
      So that just makes Justin Gatlin's 20.11 all the more impressive..

Since the rain cleared out a few hours ago, it's perfect sprinting weather. Low 70's, 93% humidity, slight tailwinds. A shame VCB didnt run.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Gatlin's fastest 200 since.... 2005!

Comment

Re: Gatlin runs 20.11

If Gatlin wants to end up on the Olympic podium (individual event), I'd humbly suggest he should put 100%of his focus (ok,99.9%) on the 200. Sure, he'll make the London 100 final, but I don't see him medaling. The 200 is much more "open" in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            If Gatlin wants to end up on the Olympic podium (individual event), I'd humbly suggest he should put 100%of his focus (ok,99.9%) on the 200. Sure, he'll make the London 100 final, but I don't see him medaling. The 200 is much more "open" in that regard.

Can't say that I agree with that, with Bolt and Blake realistically at 19.30 or under and Dix not far behind not to mention others. Also considering the way Gatlin looked at world indoor, to me he has a far better chance at 100 than 200. 200 training probably being used probably by him to help his final 25% of the 100.

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
              Can't say that I agree with that, with Bolt and Blake realistically at 19.30 or under and Dix not far behind not to mention others. Also considering the way Gatlin looked at world indoor, to me he has a far better chance at 100 than 200.

Agree. And there's a much higher chance of FS chaos taking out a whale in the 100 than 200
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Until I see Blake duplicate that 200 I am not buying him as an equal to Bolt or head and shoulders above the rest.
                That being said, I disagree fully, Gatlin and Dix give us a tremendous 1/2 double duo. The relay is looking dangerous.
                The return and rise of Justin, the improvement of Dix in LA, the return of Wallace, and the return of Tyson. Meanwhile, the Jamaicans are struggling to maintain their levels on the other legs, i.e. Nesta and Frater.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke
                  Until I see Blake duplicate that 200 I am not buying him as an equal to Bolt or head and shoulders above the rest.
                  That being said, I disagree fully, Gatlin and Dix give us a tremendous 1/2 double duo. The relay is looking dangerous.
                  The return and rise of Justin, the improvement of Dix in LA, the return of Wallace, and the return of Tyson. Meanwhile, the Jamaicans are struggling to maintain their levels on the other legs, i.e. Nesta and Frater.
                  Until I see the Americans get the baton around in a major race again, which seems like ages ago the last time it happened, I won't get my hopes up high. Sure, it appears the talent is coming around nicely to compete, but with the woeful recent history, what is there to suggest any difference is coming? We can only hope we can see both teams at full strength and a great race into the final 50 meters.

Comment

In my opinion, the 100 is a bit more wide open for someone to sneak in for a medal than the 200.

There is a top group of athletes in the 200 including Bolt, Blake, Dix, Spearmon, Lemaitre, that It would be more of a surprise to see the top three not come from these names. While in the 100m, yes there is Bolt and Blake, but then you have anyone from Dix, Powell, and N. Carter to Lemaitre, Gatlin, Thompson, Frater, and even Rodgers, that if anyone of them got a medal, most people wouldn't be as surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      Gatlin's PB is equal to 20.00(w=0.4), equivalent to 20.03(W=0). His 19.86 in 2001(w=4.0) is equivalent to 20.04(w=0).
                      Let him improve his PB by 0.1(w=0) = 19.93. Let the wind is 1.0, this would be equivalent to 19.86 line 4 for the Olympic finals. For a sprinter 30 years is a very good result.
                      It is very interesting to know what people like Bolt, Blake, Dix, Spearmon and Lemaitre thinking about this?
                      What the hell podium, what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke

Jamaicans struggling? Frater ran 9.88 last year. You call that struggling. Carter made the 100m final in Daegu last year. Both those guys have been in Jamaican's wining 4 x 100m relays in 2008, 2009 and 2011. The only person I expect to drop off in 2012 is Frater since I think the team in the London final will be Carter to Asafa to Blake to Bolt.

Barring a dropped baton, no way Jamaica will lose the mens 4 x 100m in London. I think you should bookmark this page for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                          Barring a dropped baton, no way Jamaica will lose the mens 4 x 100m in London. I think you should bookmark this page for future reference.
                          That is so not true in so many ways (INCLUDING the dropped baton possibility). The Jams are indeed the clear favorites, but so were the Amis so many times they did NOT win.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Originally posted by notorious
                            That is so not true in so many ways (INCLUDING the dropped baton possibility). The Jams are indeed the clear favorites, but so were the Amis so many times they did NOT win.
                            Can you describe a possible scenario(without a dropped baton) that Jamaica will lose with Bolt on the anchor? Its just not possible. Bolt will run down ANYBODY on the anchor if he is behind.

Comment

And how did my Justin Gatlin event-choice thread turn into the 127th boring US/Jamaica relay pissing match? Fuck with my threads at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
                              X