Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a "new" face for the high jump?

from Arkansas this weekend:

HJ: 1. Young (OkSt) 5-10 (1.78) (co-holder of HSR turned to volleyball; first meet since HS in ’09).

You may recall she jumped 6-4 in '09.

Re: a "new" face for the high jump?

Wow, I DID forget about her. I see that her next best jumps that year (other than a 6-2 en route to 6-4) was 6-0 and 5-11, so she obviously had one magic meet. Will the magic return?
    Good news: volleyball is great 'cross-training'.
    Bad news: it's been a while.

Comment

Three years and -6 inches... nothing to get excited about yet.

Comment

Except only -2 inches from her #2 meet of her life (and -1 from #3). For a beginning-of-season/career-2 that is not bad.

Comment

Didn't think this warranted its own thread...

Another new face is in the women's JT.

Ariana Ince was a 4.15m pole vaulter at Rice and decided to try the javelin just a few months ago. From a half approach, she's thrown 53.21 (174-7) in her first meet ever. She's training with Juan De La Garza at Texas A&M a few days a week. I've been told she's throwing over 55m regularly from her short approach in practice.

It'll be interesting to see what she does when she moves back to a full approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
            Didn't think this warranted its own thread.
            Are we running low on 1s and 0s?
            Is this yet another new conservation program I didn't get the memo on?! :?
            I actually did find the news interesting, but then again, I have ADD and Everything gets my attention . . . SQUIRREL?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
              Didn't think this warranted its own thread...

Another new face is in the women's JT.

Ariana Ince was a 4.15m pole vaulter at Rice and decided to try the javelin just a few months ago. From a half approach, she's thrown 53.21 (174-7) in her first meet ever. She's training with Juan De La Garza at Texas A&M a few days a week. I've been told she's throwing over 55m regularly from her short approach in practice.

It'll be interesting to see what she does when she moves back to a full approach.
              Whoa there, Simba. Ari threw the jav for Rice all four years, starting in 2008. She topped 48m last year and was 14th at the NCAA West meet.

Comment

Did she? I was told she had just picked it up.

Comment

Working...
                X