Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Sports Track & Field Offer!

Track & Field Fans! With the 2012 Summer Olympics on the horizon, the Track stars are preparing for the Games on Universal Sports Network. Tune in next Wednesday @8pmET for our Olympic news show “Countdown To London”, which will feature exclusive interviews with US sprinters Allyson Felix & Justin Gatlin.

Don’t want to wait until Summer to see some speed? Catch this year’s Diamond League Circuit, kicking off May 11, on universalsports.com. Watch LIVE or On Demand with our Track & Field package and get all the pre-Olympic stops including Doha, Rome, Eugene, New York & more. Right now, if you enter the code “C2LTRACK”, you will receive $5 off the package. That makes it only $19.99! Click the link for more details: http://universalsports.com/category/track-field/

Re: Universal Sports Track & Field Offer!

Any chance we will be able to watch these streams on an Android phone?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
      Any chance we will be able to watch these streams on an Android phone?

Not sure about that Universalsports.com uses Microsoft Silverlight streaming technology and there is currently no andriod App for that software.

Comment

Originally posted by Universal Sports
        Track & Field Fans! With the 2012 Summer Olympics on the horizon, the Track stars are preparing for the Games on Universal Sports Network. Tune in next Wednesday @8pmET for our Olympic news show “Countdown To London”, which will feature exclusive interviews with US sprinters Allyson Felix & Justin Gatlin.

Don’t want to wait until Summer to see some speed? Catch this year’s Diamond League Circuit, kicking off May 11, on universalsports.com. Watch LIVE or On Demand with our Track & Field package and get all the pre-Olympic stops including Doha, Rome, Eugene, New York & more. Right now, if you enter the code “C2LTRACK”, you will receive $5 off the package. That makes it only $19.99! Click the link for more details: http://universalsports.com/category/track-field/

Thanks. Since you guys yanked Universal Sports TV off most cable networks, I guess subscription is the only way for me.

Comment

I have to say Universal's service getting worse by day.

"My Library" function has been eliminated and I no longer have access to the premium content I purchased before April 1. This year's London Marathon is still accessible, but you'll never know how much longer it will be there.

Comment

I sure hope Universal paid T&FN to post this
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              Haven't you noticed on the front page of this site that Universal Sports and T & F news have an advertising agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                Haven't you noticed on the front page of this site that Universal Sports and T & F news have an advertising agreement?

I noticed they have a loop video of the indoor worlds. I dont know that that constitutes an "advertising agreement", but regardless the front page is separate from solicitation posts on the message board. As I said, hopefully T&FN is getting a few extra bucks, otherwise it's (targeted) spam just like any other.

Comment

I just signed up.
                  "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I noticed they have a loop video of the indoor worlds. I dont know that that constitutes an "advertising agreement", but regardless the front page is separate from solicitation posts on the message board. As I said, hopefully T&FN is getting a few extra bucks, otherwise it's (targeted) spam just like any other.
                    If I had posted the exact same words would it have been spam?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2

If I had posted the exact same words would it have been spam?

If you work for Universal, or profit from the product, yes.

Comment

URLbelow provides information that may be useful to discussing this thread's topic:

http://www.2012trials.ca/documents/2...ckCoverage.pdf

Comment

Some people had said they were having problems signing up for the meet.
                          I just tried it and got through. Site isn’t the easiest to navigate.

If you already have any account (using your registered email address) from last year, you just sign in using it. Navigate to the track and field section. On the left you should see an icon if you want to subscribe to the Doha meet only. On the left is the icon to subscribe to the entire Diamond League. Don’t forget to input the above code to get your $5 discount.

Hopefully, there will be no streaming issues tomorrow.

Comment

If you already have any account (using your registered email address) from last year, you just sign in using it. Navigate to the track and field section. On the left you should see an icon if you want to subscribe to the Doha meet only. On the left is the icon to subscribe to the entire Diamond League. Don’t forget to input the above code to get your $5 discount.

I had an account last year, but couldn't log in with it this year. Had to register again. Then, when I got to the business page, I found that they were asking for my credit card on a non-secure site. (IIRC, they did the same thing in DL Year 1, but not Year 2 last year.) I did not sign up.

Is there anyone who can give me some assurance that it's ok to transmit such info on a site that's not https? I have always thought you had to be sure that it was https when you're providing credit card or personal financial info.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman

I had an account last year, but couldn't log in with it this year. Had to register again. Then, when I got to the business page, I found that they were asking for my credit card on a non-secure site. (IIRC, they did the same thing in DL Year 1, but not Year 2 last year.) I did not sign up.

I

Is there anyone who can give me some assurance that it's ok to transmit such info on a site that's not https? I have always thought you had to be sure that it was https when you're providing credit card or personal financial info.

I have never had a problem submitting my credit card on a non-secure site.

Comment

Working...
                              X