Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Universal Sports Track & Field Offer!

If you have a directv account w/universal sports as one of your paid channels, does that mean you can view all the DL meets and this track package live via universal sports website? I know it will be broadcast on channel 625, but it will be taped.

Comment

As I recall from last year, for over the air they would show the meet on tape delay the same evening. The tape delay would have commentary by Dwight Stones, Ato Boldon, and someone else (I may have one or two of those wrong). It was not the original British commentary. And there would be commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
        Originally posted by tandfman
        Originally posted by notorious
        Some people had said they were having problems signing up for the meet.
        I just tried it and got through. Site isn’t the easiest to navigate.

If you already have any account (using your registered email address) from last year, you just sign in using it. Navigate to the track and field section. On the left you should see an icon if you want to subscribe to the Doha meet only. On the left is the icon to subscribe to the entire Diamond League. Don’t forget to input the above code to get your $5 discount.

Hopefully, there will be no streaming issues tomorrow.
        I had an account last year, but couldn't log in with it this year. Had to register again. Then, when I got to the business page, I found that they were asking for my credit card on a non-secure site. (IIRC, they did the same thing in DL Year 1, but not Year 2 last year.) I did not sign up.

I

Is there anyone who can give me some assurance that it's ok to transmit such info on a site that's not https? I have always thought you had to be sure that it was https when you're providing credit card or personal financial info.

I have never had a problem submitting my credit card on a non-secure site.
        I suppose we all run the risk of getting bitten some day, but I've used my credit card on dozens of sites through the years with no problem, and the only security criterion I worry about is if it's a company with any kind of public profile.

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA
          If you have a directv account w/universal sports as one of your paid channels, does that mean you can view all the DL meets and this track package live via universal sports website? I know it will be broadcast on channel 625, but it will be taped.
          It appears it should be free for directs subscribers

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
            Originally posted by DCSIGMA
            It appears it should be free for directs subscribers
            DISH as well. Comes on at 3PM PDT tomorrow. Will be nice to not have to watch it on the computer now that DISH finally picked up Universal Sports.

Comment

Great news.

Based on the first DL broadcast(Doha),it appears that Universal Sports has stopped using Microsoft Silverlight and instead, is using Flash to broadcast the meet. Now, you can watch the DL meets live on your cellphone and or tablet unless you have Apple products that do not play well with Adobe Flash.

Comment

BTW, does anyone know if "Cooldown with Ato Boldon" will return this year?

Comment

Working...
                X