Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Götzis meeting 2012

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Götzis meeting 2012

    Seven Germans are confirmed for Götzis,for now : Jennifer Oeser, Lilli Schwarzkopf, Julia Mächtig, Maren Schwerdtner, Claudia Rath.
    In decathlon only Jan-Felix Knobel and Rico Freimuth.
    Michael Schrader is back after injury, 100m 10.84 and jumped 7.19m recently.

  • #2
    Re: Goetzis meeting 2012

    Behrenbruch, Dudash, Skujyte .... http://www.meeting-goetzis.at/fileadmin ... 052012.pdf

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Goetzis meeting 2012

      Ennis is also here. She's competing in the Yorkshire Champs and the Manchester Great City Games in the build-up.
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Götzis meeting 2012

        Dobrynska will be there (and she will be at European Champs), Roman Shebrle (his 14th start), strong Dutch team. Plenty of time till then...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Götzis meeting 2012

          Michael Schrader (Götzis winner 2009 with 8522P) finally seems to be healthy again and in good form. He scored three PBs last weekend: 14.09s over the hurdles, 2.00m high and 45.60m discus. I thought he would be another one of those guys where the body couldn't cope with the talent, he has been injured for almost 3 years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Götzis meeting 2012

            Originally posted by norunner
            Michael Schrader (Götzis winner 2009 with 8522P) finally seems to be healthy again and in good form. He scored three PBs last weekend: 14.09s over the hurdles, 2.00m high and 45.60m discus. I thought he would be another one of those guys where the body couldn't cope with the talent, he has been injured for almost 3 years.
            Let's keep our fingers crossed he stays healthy. He had a good opening meet before this with a decent 100m and LJ. He's understandably gone off my people's radar but let's not forget in winning Gotzis 2009 he beat Hardee. If he carries on uninjured he will be a an outside medal contender in London.

            Lilli Schwarzkopf opened her campaign with a 13.79 hurdles, 14.63 SP, 1.80 HJ and 18.30 over 150m. This was from one of the German mini multi team events: http://www.leichtathletik.de/results/47 ... 5_2012.pdf

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Götzis meeting 2012

              Just double checked and Schwarzkopf's SP is also an outdoor PB by 2cm. Her 3 weak events are the 100mh, 200m and LJ...the 3 events where heptathletes pick up the most points :? In terms of her challenging for a top 6 finish, she needs at least 13.5 in the hurdles, a 24+ secs 200m and around 6.3 LJ. It's always the 200m that lets her down though.

              Schrader with 2 meets, 5 events and 3 PBs is a great start. He's apparentlt hoping to get a wild card for Gotzis. If he does it will be really interesting to see how he does.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                Originally posted by Gabriella
                Just double checked and Schwarzkopf's SP is also an outdoor PB by 2cm. Her 3 weak events are the 100mh, 200m and LJ...the 3 events where heptathletes pick up the most points :? In terms of her challenging for a top 6 finish, she needs at least 13.5 in the hurdles, a 24+ secs 200m and around 6.3 LJ. It's always the 200m that lets her down though.

                Schrader with 2 meets, 5 events and 3 PBs is a great start. He's apparentlt hoping to get a wild card for Gotzis. If he does it will be really interesting to see how he does.
                Schwarzkopf outdoor PB is 14.89m in 2011 WC, I am surprised Maticg only 14.22m in SP, for Schwarzkopf ,she has improved 100mH PB to 13.32s in Ratingen last year.
                And I am wonder how do you think Osser,Dobynska and Schippers will do in Gotizs? :?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                  Originally posted by Gabriella
                  Originally posted by norunner
                  Michael Schrader (Götzis winner 2009 with 8522P) finally seems to be healthy again and in good form. He scored three PBs last weekend: 14.09s over the hurdles, 2.00m high and 45.60m discus. I thought he would be another one of those guys where the body couldn't cope with the talent, he has been injured for almost 3 years.
                  Let's keep our fingers crossed he stays healthy. He had a good opening meet before this with a decent 100m and LJ. He's understandably gone off my people's radar but let's not forget in winning Gotzis 2009 he beat Hardee. If he carries on uninjured he will be a an outside medal contender in London.
                  If he is hitting multiple PRs and building up from a 3-year old 8522 [after injuries held him down n the interim], he definitely has a medal shot, thanks for the reporting and the commentary you guys.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                    Originally posted by 26mi235
                    If he is hitting multiple PRs and building up from a 3-year old 8522 [after injuries held him down n the interim], he definitely has a medal shot, thanks for the reporting and the commentary you guys.
                    Maybe he'll pull a Busemann. Anyone remember the 1996 Atlanta decathlon? Busemann was 21 years old, almost unknown and actually challenged Dan O'Brien. Busemann ended up with 8706 points and silver. His best before 96 was below 8000 points. That was one of my favourite decathlons ever, because of the underdog challenging the invincible and enjoying himself immensely.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                      Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Schrader is an intriguing decathlete because of his breakout competition at Gotzis 3 years ago, and injury-limited career since. It's exciting to see him healthy at last. But only once has he broken 8250 and even after his recent efforts, his PRs sum to 8743. In other words: Take away those two extraordinary days in 2009 and Schrader looks a lot like Jake Arnold (PRs sum to 8689, has broken 8250 once). Anyone in London who competes like Schrader at Gotzis 2009 (SEVEN decathlon PRs in one competition!) is going to be in the mix for a medal; but I doubt lightning will strike the same athlete twice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                        Originally posted by norunner
                        Originally posted by 26mi235
                        If he is hitting multiple PRs and building up from a 3-year old 8522 [after injuries held him down n the interim], he definitely has a medal shot, thanks for the reporting and the commentary you guys.
                        Maybe he'll pull a Busemann. Anyone remember the 1996 Atlanta decathlon? Busemann was 21 years old, almost unknown and actually challenged Dan O'Brien. Busemann ended up with 8706 points and silver. His best before 96 was below 8000 points. That was one of my favourite decathlons ever, because of the underdog challenging the invincible and enjoying himself immensely.
                        if you need to relive the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlNp_2mkh0Q

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                          Originally posted by DecFan
                          Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Schrader is an intriguing decathlete because of his breakout competition at Gotzis 3 years ago, and injury-limited career since. It's exciting to see him healthy at last. But only once has he broken 8250 and even after his recent efforts, his PRs sum to 8743. In other words: Take away those two extraordinary days in 2009 and Schrader looks a lot like Jake Arnold (PRs sum to 8689, has broken 8250 once). Anyone in London who competes like Schrader at Gotzis 2009 (SEVEN decathlon PRs in one competition!) is going to be in the mix for a medal; but I doubt lightning will strike the same athlete twice.
                          I agree we should be cautious, but let's see what he does in a full decathlon first. If he does get a wild card for Gotzis he'll be up against the best so may not necessarily be the best opening multi to do, but then he has to measure himself against them at some point. In some ways I'd have preferred him do Ratingen only, but let's see what actually happens. He has to be looking at the qualifer and I think is a more rounded talent than Felix Nobel and Freimuth. And let's not forget his coach is former World Champion Torsten Voss

                          To recap on his SBs so far, these are very decent:

                          100m - 10.84
                          LJ - 7.19
                          HJ - 2.00
                          110h - 14.09
                          DT - 45.60

                          He's added 2.5m to his DT best, he's close to sub 14 in the hurdles which is great (a 0.12 improvement on his PB), and he's now finally over 2m in the HJ (previous best of 1.99)
                          His 100m time on May 1st is 0.2 off his PB so a decent opening run. It's his LJ that's going to be interesting because that was his killer event in Gotzis 09 - he jumped 8.05 - so that's where he picked up a lot of points. 7.19 looks poor in comparison, so whether he was off the board, has other technical problems or is just not as good because of his foot injury I don't know.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                            Schrader confirmed that he will be in Götzis and if he wants to be in London he will have to do very well. With Knobel, Freimuth, Behrenbruch and Schrader there are four germans competing for the three spots.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Götzis meeting 2012

                              So has anyone seen the full entry lists yet? I don't see them on the meet's web site - am I missing something?
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X