Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasay Olympic Trials?

Don't know if I have missed this topic on an older thread but here is a local TV link:
    http://www.ksby.com/news/jordan-hasa...2012-olympics/

Re: Hasay Olympic Trials?

Was a Headline on our front page on May 1.

Comment

At this point she doesnt have a Trials auto qualifier in the 1500 or 5000 anyway.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

I think she's a little burned out right now...not her best self...needs to re access her goals and maybe pull back with more rest.

Comment

I think people need to dial back expectations for her. Going to Oregon was just about the worst thing possible that could have happened to her because she has her talent from high school added to the massive resources and expectations that come with being a Duck.

If she had gone elsewhere, people wouldn't have these unrealistic, insane expectations.

Comment

I agree with Jumbo 110%. For a variety of reasons, Oregon was the worst place for her from a running standpoint. But what's done is done, and all we can do is hope she has a successful senior year.

Comment

Agree also with Jumbo. Hasay has cult following in Eugene and tremendous expectations and a microscope on every step she takes. The US right now in Hasay's events is particularly difficult so people need to tone down their expecations so the girl can develop some confidence and reach the next level.

Comment

actually, i see her as a marathoner

NO speed and she's never gonna find it, but she is so small she might well run all day

no kick no chance..

Comment

She does not have the world's greatest kick but she has best a number of good runners in the finishing of a race (e.g. 2011 Indoor).

Comment

Originally posted by sprintdoc
                    Agree also with Jumbo. Hasay has cult following in Eugene and tremendous expectations and a microscope on every step she takes. The US right now in Hasay's events is particularly difficult so people need to tone down their expecations so the girl can develop some confidence and reach the next level.
                    C'mon you guys! Do you think we're so stupid here in Eugene that we can't see what's going on?
                    Do you think we all expect Olympic Gold this year for Jordan? Why wouldn't a top athlete go to a school with a program geared towards distance? What was she supposed to do, go to Fresno State or something so she could hide under the radar? Don't the best college FB and BB players generally go to the big programs? She's in a bit of a slump and has been since 2011 NCAA Indoors, but she'll have the support and love of the fans here regardless of whether she ever wins another race, because she puts her heart into it every time she steps on the track. Meanwhile, she's trotting along to classes with something like a 3.96 GPA; that would be unlikely for someone who didn't enjoy where they were going to school.

Comment

Bruce - The jury is still somewhat out on her Oregon career of course, but she would have been better off at a program like Stanford or Georgetown. Great coaching and history of developing talent, but without the microscope.

And if you don't think she's feeling the weight of expectation(consciously or subconsciously), exacerbated by being where she is, you're kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                        Bruce - The jury is still somewhat out on her Oregon career of course, but she would have been better off at a program like Stanford or Georgetown. Great coaching and history of developing talent, but without the microscope.

And if you don't think she's feeling the weight of expectation(consciously or subconsciously), exacerbated by being where she is, you're kidding yourself.
                        Obviously you have never lived in Eugene or you wouldn't write such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404
                          Originally posted by sprintdoc
                          C'mon you guys! Do you think we're so stupid here in Eugene that we can't see what's going on?
                          Do you think we all expect Olympic Gold this year for Jordan? Why wouldn't a top athlete go to a school with a program geared towards distance? What was she supposed to do, go to Fresno State or something so she could hide under the radar? Don't the best college FB and BB players generally go to the big programs? She's in a bit of a slump and has been since 2011 NCAA Indoors, but she'll have the support and love of the fans here regardless of whether she ever wins another race, because she puts her heart into it every time she steps on the track. Meanwhile, she's trotting along to classes with something like a 3.96 GPA; that would be unlikely for someone who didn't enjoy where they were going to school.
                          Yea, Eugene, hellhole for distance runners....Where the locals spit you in the eye on your way down.... :roll:

There was a time when Track Town was a pressure cooker, but that was years ago when AW was in full force and the nuttiness came from the other runners and not from the locals who support the Ducks through ups and downs.

If you want pressure in town go to Autzen Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary

Where did I say anything about Eugene? I was talking about PROGRAMS

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Originally posted by Conor Dary

Where did I say anything about Eugene? I was talking about PROGRAMS
                              • ...but without the microscope.

Yea, right.

Comment

Working...
                              X